Chapter 20

Anthony's POV

I've been sitting in the car for at least 30 minutes. God, why was it taking so long for her to just talk to Austin. What were they doing....

I decided to go inside and see if everything was okay because I heard a little bit of yelling before. I walked up the creaky steps into Harry's aunts house. I heard muffled voices coming from one hallway, so I followed the voices to where Austin and Carlie were.

"Austin.. I need you to know that..that I'm not falling for him. Only you, but I-I just need to know, what's his secret..what's he not telling me?" I heard Carlie say. Ouch...that hurt but deep down I kinda knew it was the truth.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" I heard Austin say, interrupting my thoughts. I looked up at where Austin and Carlie were standing and I noticed Carlie turn around and look me right in the eye. "How long have you been standing there...I mean, how much did you hear?" She asked, worry showing in her eyes.

"All of it" I replied lowly....

I dropped my head and focused on the floor stretching my arms with my hands in my neck. Shit...she knows about the secret. Carlie took slow and heavy steps closer to me and she lifted up my chin. Her beautiful eyes were hard and staring me down. I knew Carlie wouldn't give up until she knew what I was hiding, and I also knew that if he found out... she would hate me...FOREVER!

"Anthony....what is it?" She asked sternly. I turned away and ran my fingers through my hair. "Yah Ant...why don't you tell her.. the truth this time." Austin said. That pissed me off a lot, he's only making this harder for me to say.

I started off slowly. Damn it.. how can you tell her this. "Well Carlie...I-I know your gonna hate me but.." I sighed and my face felt hot. You can say goodbye to the girl you love. I thought to myself. I said it fast so I could get it over with... "Carlie I was the onehowhitaustwitethar" it sounded so muffled I knew she didn't get one word out of it.

"wait...what was that Anthony... you wanna repeat it?" Austin said with a smirk. Carlie gave him a death look and he immediately went stiff. I sighed one more time before saying the truth.

"I was driving the car that hit Austin..."
___________________________

Ouchhh! Poor Anthony...just completely lost the girl he loved..or did he? keep reading and share this story!