00. prologue.

Don't go to the woods alone.

It was dark and gloomy that night, making it impossible for Vanessa to see clearly in the woods. She searched as well as she could with her eyes for the item that she had dropped the other day, but it was impossible. besides, the woods scared her at night and the fact that she was just a thirteen year old little child who could barely defend herself in case something would happen.

Letting out a shaky breath, she hugged herself to keep her warm and walked towards an area she recognized much. The trees all looked pretty much the same and the sky was dark, making it even harder for her to see between the trees.

If you need to go to the woods late, always bring someone.

Vanessa knew she needed to listen to her dad more often because he was usually right; a very wise man. Though she didn't think she'd be there very long since she was certain she knew exactly where her stupid cap was. She was wrong.

And for the love of God, bring something to defend yourself with.

That, she had failed as well. Except for the fighting skills her dad had helped her practice up. After a brief moment, Vanessa could relax as she lay her eyes on the colorful cap that was placed by a tree from earlier that day when she had dropped it.

"Finally." She muttered as she bent down a little to grab it. When her back was straight again, she almost stopped breathing. In the moonlight that night, her dark eyes landed on a figure standing not far from her. It was a male one, young and skinny, but that was all she could see.

A moment of contemplation passed; she could either simply ask him who he was or run away and hope that he'd stay where he was. She liked neither. The boy stood still as well, trying to see as much as he could of her. Then she turned around and ran.

"Wait, stop!" He called after her, but Vanessa was sprinting away from there and towards home. She snuck back in through her window, tossed the cap on her desk and sat down on her bed, at last being able to breathe like a normal person. Whoever that was, she hoped she'd never have to see him again and she hoped he didn't get a thorough look on her.