" Of course you did. " He rolls his eyes.

" What's got you so mad? " I question noticing his mood was different from before.

" Nothing Cyrus. What can I get you? " He says, being dismissive.

" Don't do that to me. Tell me what's wrong. " I grab his hand slightly as he pushes it away.

He sighs looking around. " It's your mother she... "

" Cyrus! There you are. " I could hear mom's voice coming from behind me. I turn to face her as Elian steps from behind me. " Son this is... " She looks over towards Elian standing beside me. " How did you get in here? " She says, her face riddled with disgust.

" I was invited. " Elian replied, taking another bite of pineapple.

" I doubt that. This is an elite party, and an invite to the help would be... "

I cut her off. " Mom chill. "

" What? Cyrus! " Her neck snaps towards me. " You shouldn't be mingling with anyone who isn't on your level. That diminishes your brand. "

Elian chuckles. " If anything you would be doing that just fine. "

I turn around glaring at Elian. " Mom you don't dictate my friends. What do you want? "

" I'll excuse myself. " Elian says, walking off. Now I'm gonna have to be tasked with making nice. She always ruins things for me.

" Good riddance. I'll see if security can can escort him out. " She says, averting her attention back to me. " This is one of my good friends Zelma Touray. "

I hold my hand my hand out to greet her. " Nice to meet you. "

She takes my hand in hers. " Likewise. "

" She's one of the designers here. She has a new Spring collection coming out and... "

She is cut off by screaming in the distance. Bodies shuffled from the back room into the main lobby. I looked on curiously to see what was going on. " Someone help one of the pieces are on fire! "

Mom and I share a look of confusion as someone rushes over to us. Some guy stops in front of Zelma. " You need to come quick. A fire broke out with one of your pieces. "

" What! " She shouted rushing off, and we follow behind her.

We navigate through the crowd, and walk to the back room seeing the piece that was scorched on the grown being smother by the extinguisher. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. I would've been pissed if I was walking tonight, and that was my pieces that got ruined. That will cost whoever was wearing it some money. I looked over at mother who had a somewhat smug expression on her face. She could at least try to fake sympathy.

" What happened? " She yelled, looking at the models crowding around. Her eyes set specifically onto one model.

The girl stepped forward speaking up. " I don't know what happened. I went to the restroom to adjust my clothes after trying it on, and when I came back it was in flames. " She cried.