Chapter 1- First Day

Chapter 1

"Honey, wake up. It's time for school." My mother said to wake me up. She's my own personal alarm clock. Yeah, serve me.

"Yeah..." I groaned. It was finally time for school, but this is special. I am starting my life in a new school. People don't know me. They think that I'm just some Asian-Spanish guy that was overly flamboyant at the same time quiet. Confusing, right? Welcome to my world.

I started walking up the stairs. It's been a month since we arrived here, but we still lived in my uncle and his family's house. I just grabbed a bowl and poured out some cereal and milk and started chewing.

"Can you make your chewing a little more subtle, Renz?" She said.

"Well, can you and dad be quieter during some nights as well?" I said back at her. It was too early for me to be scolded. She just laughed and turned her back against me to wash some dishes that were left overnight.

I felt really weird. I was excited and scared at the same time. What if my schoolmates don't like me? What if they throw rocks at me and stone me. Well, getting stoned is fun... Wait, what?

I stood up and took a shower. I picked my clothes and started packing my stuff, which made me feel even more uncomfortable and nervous. My uncle finally drove me and her daughter to school. God... OH GOD... I'm hyperventilating. I hope that I gain friends and I really hope that my morning turns out to be great.

I spoke too soon.

As soon as I arrived, I was mesmerized by the appearance of the school that it didn't slip into my mind that I needed to find my rooms for class. Only five minutes were left before the first bell rang, so I brought out my notebook to look for the paper that contained my schedule. This was the start of my catastrophic morning. I forgot my paper at home! I was on the verge of going into a tantrum, but I tried to calm myself down, which didn't work because the first bell immediately rang. I was running around the school trying to look for my photography class. I was panicking then I was running when someone exclaimed, "Look at that new kid trying to be an idiot!"

I heard laughter from his side and all I thought was "Yeah. Fuck you too, bro.", but I didn't have the time to say it. I immediately went to the office to get a copy of my schedule. You're so stupid sometimes, Lorenz Villareal. I immediately went to my class, and I was just in time because the teacher was doing attendance. Everyone looked at me and the teacher said, "Good Morning. Are you new to this school?"

I nodded and he added, "Welcome to our school. I hope that you will have a great time. Please take a seat and make yourself feel comfortable."

I just smiled at him and proceeded to go to a vacant seat beside a girl that had red, ombré hair. She was pretty and she looked like she really knew how to take care of herself. As I sat beside her, the teacher called out my name, "Lorenz Villareal?"

"Here." I said as I raised my hand. The girl looked at me and smiled. She waved at me and I smiled back at her. She immediately said, "So, Lorenz, huh?"

I nodded and said, "Yeah. What's your name?"

"I'm Jean. Do you have a nick name?"

"Well, my parents call me Renz and –"

"Okay. Renz it is!" She suddenly cut me off and patted me on the shoulder. I was surprised by her gesture that I just smiled. Damn, I'm Mister International Smile today. I keep on smiling at everyone.

"So, Renz. How's your morning so far?" she gladly asked to set up the mood.

"It just started..." I said dryly.