Chapter 46: The Appledoore Vaults Turned My Boyfriend Into a Murderer

WHAT IS THIS TITLE THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SERIOUS CHAPTER LIKE KYLO GO HOME YOU'RE DRUNK SQUEEEEEE ALSO THIS GIF! THISSSSSS GIF LIKE STAHP BENEDICT YOU'RE MAKING ME CRY CAN YOU NOTT

We skipped a bit of dialouge so lemme fill you in (I skipped it because it was boring *shoots a wall* BORED!). 

So we went to Magnussen's house so he could show us the Appledoore Vaults, but the vaults are all really in his head and now we're outside watching John's face be flicked by Satan.

---

"I just love your little soldier face. I'd like to punch it." I moved forward defensively towards John, but both he and Sherlock waved me off, ushering me to stay still. After learning the information this man kept in his head, I held no obligation. "Bring it over here a minute." Now I was getting fired up, don't you touch my John, I thought aggressively, my fists clenching and my teeth grinding together.

"For Mary. Bring me your face." John looks at me with an angry look on his face, but I simply nodded towards the man in front of him regretfully. He cleared his throat, looking down in shame, taking slow, agonizing steps towards the man in front of us. "Lean in and stick your face out. Please?" John does as he's instructed, and my eyes begin to water at the helplessness that I feel. "Now, can I flick it? Can I flick your face?" John purses his lips and looks towards me -  Sherlock has his head down, pain in his face and fighting back tears like a solider - and he could see the pained expression on my face, giving him a small nod and looking away as quickly as possible. 

My right eye opens a bit to peak at what is happening, and sure enough, Magnussen flicks his left cheek sharply, but John has yet to flinch. Again, his middle finger cuts at the skin on his cheek, and he chuckles maniacally. "I just love doing this." He said, looking over at Sherlock, whose eyes were now burning with fury, his hands shaking and twitching, fighting back the urge to kill the man right then and there. I moved closer to him and grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly as it continues to shake. 

"I could do it all day." He turns back to John, who I can't bring myself to make eye contact with. "It works like this, John. I know who Mary hurt and killed." He flicks his cheek, John blinking and turning his head, locking his gaze with the man. Sherlock's expression turned grim and he gripped my hand tightly, pulling me closer to him. "I know where to find people who hate her." Another flick to the cheek, and this time John's lip pursed, his fists balling into fists. "I know where they live; I know their phone numbers." Two more, and my mouth opens and closes, my breath hitching in my throat. "All in my Mind Palace – all of it." Sherlock's gaze towards him now turns deadly, as does mine, but we both know at this point that we're helpless.

"I could phone them right now and tear your whole life down – and I will ... unless you let me flick your face." Sherlock continues to glare at him with his teeth bared, and I squeeze his hand tighter and tighter. "This is what I do to people. This is what I do to whole countries..."

"... just because I know..." There's a long pause, but Magnussen seems to make up his mind as to what he wants to do next. "Can I do your eye now? See if you can keep it open, hmm?" He flicks him just below his eye, and John's eyes snap shut. "Come on. Eye open." He flicks him once more, and it pushes me over the edge.

"Stop. It." I say through gritted teeth, and Magnussen straightens up, sniggering and moving towards me. I straighten up and Sherlock's grip on my hand tightens; he get's close to my face, nearly nose to nose. 

"Oh, (Y/N). You're so fearless." He says in a seductive voice, and I grimace when he gets close to my ear. "So brave. Standing up to the Scary Man." I cleared my throat, closing my eyes tight and pursing my lips. He leaves a kiss on my cheek, making me straighten up in disgust, as well as John and Sherlock. He moves away, giving me one last smirk before turning towards the chopping noise of a helicopter getting closer and closer to us. Suddenly, it roars overhead and hovers at the patio.

"Here we go, Mr Holmes!" He calls out over the helicopter.

"To clarify: Appledore's vaults only exist in your mind, nowhere else, just there." Sherlock calls out to him, letting go of my hand and moving towards him.

"Sher-Sherlock..." He nods towards me and squeezes my hand one last time, mouthing the words 'I love you' before continuing on. 

"They're not real. They never have been."

"Sherlock Holmes. John Watson. (Y/Full/N). Step away from that man." Mycroft's voice booms over the sound of the helicopter, and I realize he's the one driving it. 

"Sorry. No chance for you to be a hero this time, Mr Holmes." Magnussen says once Sherlock had reached him. 

"Oh, do your research. I'm not a hero..." No, No, Sherlock. "...I'm a high-functioning sociopath." His eyes widen as he glares at him. 

"Merry Christmas!"

The gunshot goes off before I have time to react, and there's a body on the ground in front of me. Magnussen's dead eyes stare up at me. "Sherlock!" I call out, and he turns to me, throwing the gun onto the ground and throwing his hands up into the air.

"CHRIST SHERLOCK!" John screams out, voice full of sorrow and anger, looking at me and the dead body in front of me. I look towards Sherlock, who looks back at me, his eyes apologetic. 

"Stay away from me! Stay well away!" He yelled, but I don't care about the consequences; I launch at Sherlock and cupped his face into my hands, leaning him down for a kiss with the helicopter making our hair fly around and the blinding spotlight now on both of us. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and pulled me closer, his hands flying up to the sides of my face and deepening the kiss. 

"(Y/N) what the hell are you doing?" He yelled at me when he pulled out. 

"I love you." I said, panting with tears running down my cheeks. He leaned down to my ear and whispered the same thing, before apologizing and shoving me to the side into John, who acted quick and caught me swiftly, pulling me close and restraining me.

"Give my love to Mary. Tell her she's safe now." Sherlock said, before taking one last look at us, face full of anguish and sinking to his knees. I kick and scream but it's no use, and I know I'm making a fool of myself. People dressed in black come up to Sherlock with machine guns in their hands, his face vulnerable and terrified. I can't even see the real Sherlock any more. All that I can see is a little eleven-year-old boy kneeling there, hair puffed out and tears streaming down his cheeks.

His face full of anguish and terror as the people take the little boy by his hands that he was holding behind his back, proving his innocence. 

I screw my eyes shut, letting the tears spill out, not able to look at him. John's arms are wrapped around my stomach tightly, clinging onto me for dear life like that day on the roof. This was the second time that I would lose the man that I held closest, the man that I loved the most, the sociopath. I couldn't see him that way any longer. I saw him as what he was in this moment, my tears staining the marble patio. 

My sociopath was no longer my sociopath. 

He was a murderer. 

---

Welp it's time to cry because holy hell I made this part sad erm... sorry? Idk how to apologize I am literally Satan. Like I don't update for a while (I had 4 tests to study for sorry about that) and then I bring you THIS! Kylo... go. home. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this part. The next part is prewritten so it will only take me a few days to write it! yay sadness!

Have a great day my lovelies xx