The Deaf Mate {7}

Sitting in silence, I watch as Jenna sleeps peacefully, the heart monitor keeping track of her steady heartbeat.
"I'm glad she's okay," Silver says letting out a sigh of relief, and I slowly close my eyes resting them for a short while.
"I was so scared..and so worried," I admit, my heart pace speeding up, remembering everything that happened.
We're all okay. Both you and Jenna made it," Silver reassures as I open my eyes seeing a nurse checking in on her.
"She been doing okay?" I read her lips, and quickly nod not wanting to speak. She smiles at me, quickly checking a few more things before taking her leave.
"As long as nothing ever happens like that again, I think I'll be okay," Slightly chuckling, Zeke enters the room with Courtney. I instantly stand up from the chair, and Courtney smiles at me.
"It's okay Emma. Just came to see how Jen was doing," She signs to me. Zeke stays standing beside the door, as Courtney checks on Jenna.
"Will she make a full recovery?" I ask, gaining both of their attentions.
"She'll be fine," Zeke says, I read his lips cause he doesn't sign. Like ever.
"Ignore him, he's a bad mood," Courtney signs, a smirk setting on her lips.
"We'd like you to meet some people, if that's okay," Zeke says, as I look over at Jenna worried something might happen if I leave. I feel someone tap my shoulder, I turn and I look at Courtney smiling.
"She'll be okay Emma. We have the best doctors and security," She assures me.
"Okay, I'll meet them," I softly say, as Courtney and Zeke lead me out of the room.
"Don't overthink it Emma, I promise you she will be perfectly okay," Silver says giving me her word. I let out a deep breath as we walk towards the large doors leading outside. Shivering once we get outside, I see how many more wolves are just hanging out doing their own things. After a few seconds, a couple of kids run over to us smiling brightly.
"Who's this?" One asks, and another tilts their head staring at me weirdly. I look over at Courtney laughing. Zeke rolls his eyes, and I sigh. Turning back to the kids, I get down to their level and slightly smile.
"My name is Emma. What are your names?" I ask signing on accident. They catch on quickly, figuring I'm deaf.
"You're deaf!" The boy announces, and the girl smacks him.
"I'm sorry Miss," She apologizes, and I chuckle not upset at them.
"It's okay, mostly nobody knows that I'm deaf until I sign," Shrugging she nods understanding.
"My name is Kaya," Kaya says.
"Who's the troublemaker?" Asking she nudges the boy making him introduce himself.
"I'm Olive," Olive says shying away. Probably nervous.
"Nice to meet you both," I smile when Courtney taps me on the shoulder catching my attention.
"We have to go," She says and I stand up waving goodbye to the kids.
"Where are we going?" I ask, as Zeke shoves his hands into his pockets.
"To meet our parents," Courtney signs, and I swear I feel my heart skip a beat.
"What?" I accidently blurt out, as we keep walking.
"You're going to meet our parents," I read Zekes lips as he repeats what Courtney said.
"Oh this is so going to be fun!" Silver sarcastically announces, not making me feel any better. As we head back inside, I see Zayden leaning against the wall next to one large door.
"You finally introducing our new friend?" Zayden asks, I see Zeke out of my peripheral vision nod his head.
"Your parents nice?" I ask Zayden, a smirk appearing on his lips.
"Depends on how well you agree with them on everything," Zayden shrugs, knocking on the door once before opening it, all of us entering.
"Ah kids," The man sitting at the desk says, looking up from a stack of paperwork he was working on.
"I'm freaking out Silver," I shiver seeing a woman sitting on the couch over to the side. Glancing away from her, I look at Courtney seeing she's already talking. I try to quickly catch on, to see what she's saying.
"This is Emma. We found her with her friend Jenna on the side of the road. They got into a car wreck," Courtney says, I glance over seeing him decide what to respond with.
"Is this Jenna recovering nicely?" He asks, Courtney just nods. Zayden leans back against the wall, and Zeke sits over on the couch by the woman, assuming it's his Mom.
"When will she be able to leave your care?" I blurt out not meaning it, he quickly shoots a glare my way, not appreciating what I just said.
"She's very injured, she could've died. She will most likely be in our care for a month or so," He responds, the glare still sitting on his face.
"Father I'm sorry she spoke out," Courtney apologizes, and he waves it off as an accident. The glare instantly leaves his face, a small smile appears.
"It happens. Now, if that is all, I have paperwork to finish here," He says and Courtney nods.
"Yes, we will be going now," Courtney says pulling me out of the room when Zayden opens the door. We all get out into the hallway, the door shut, she faces me confused.
"What are you trying to do?" Courtney asks now crossing her arms across her chest. Zayden and Zeke hanging back watching all of this unfold.
"I'm sorry! I'm just trying to make sure my bestfriend is taken care of, so she can come home!" I growl, angry she's confronting me for asking an innocent question.
"Emma you don't understand what you just did!" Courtney says, and I can tell she's now yelling at me.
"I asked a question! I'm sorry if your dad or you can't accept me asking an innocent question!" Yelling, I turn and walk away from her not putting up with the fighting, going to check on Jenna to make sure she's still doing okay.