The Deaf Mate {1}

"You can't escape," The man says as I growl looking around for an escape.
"Get away from me!" I growl once again trying to run but he catches me and wraps his hand over my mouth so I can't scream.
"Your stuck with me forever young one. Don't try to run," He whispers in my ear when I instantly bolt up from my bed sweat soaking my body and I feel a scream come out of my mouth. Quickly my door opens and my mom is standing in the doorway.
"Are you okay sweetie?" Mom asks signing and I nod throwing my covers off myself so I can cool down. Mom walks towards me and sits down on my bed.
"Are you sure your okay?" Mom asks and I sigh.
"Yeah I'm okay. I just had a really bad dream," I admit signing as mom smiles at me.
"At first I thought someone was killing you," Mom admits signing and I chuckle, rolling my eyes.
"I'm okay mom. I just need to get ready for school," I sign and she nods before leaving my room and closing my door shut leaving me alone.
"Did you see any of that Silver?" I ask as I get up and head over to my closet looking for an outfit to wear.
"Yeah I saw all of it. It was really creepy too," Silver admits as I pick out my outfit and quickly get changed.

"Hurry up Emma! Grab your bag and phone, and let's get going!" Silver announces as I quickly grab my phone and bag opening my bedroom door, and heading downstairs to see my one and only best friend Jen

"Jen!" I squeal signing before quickly hugging her and I feel her chest vibrate so I can tell she's slightly laughing. When I pull back she smiles at me.
"Hi Em! You ready for school?" She asks as I watch her lips before looking up at her eyes and I nod.
"Bye Mrs Hilton!" Jen yells as we head outside to Jens beautiful 1998 Camaro.
"I love your car," I admit signing and Jen rolls her eyes.
"Maybe you'll have it one day," Jen admits when my eyes widen at what I just saw her say.
"Are you serious?" I ask as we get inside and she starts it up.
"Hell yes I'm serious Em," Jen admits smiling at me as I smile back.
"You'd be so lucky to have her car one day!" Silver announces and I sigh.
"I'd be so freaking lucky!" I agree with Silver and she chuckles.
"I can't wait to see everyone," Silver admits when Jen turns on the radio but I can't hear any music.
"Sorry Em," Jen admits looking at me kinda disappointed in what she just did.
"It's fine Jen. I kinda forget myself when mom lets me drive her car," I admit signing making Jen chuckle.
"Well at least we can be stupid together," Jen admits smiling when she takes a sharp left.
"Very very stupid!" I sign as I look out the window seeing everyone out hanging outside.
"I hope Megan transferred," Silver says and I whimper at the mention of her name. Megan Sildon, the most popular girl in highschool. A bully, a princess, and worst of all the principals daughter. When I feel a tap on my shoulder I turn and look to see Jen with a worried look on her face.
"Are you okay Em?" Jen asks and I nod crossing my arms over my chest.
"Sorry Emma. I didn't mean to bring her up," Silver admits and I sigh.
"It's fine Silver I know you didn't mean it," I say and she growls once we pull into the school parking lot.
"This place is so shitty," Silver growls again when Jen parks the car and shuts it off.
"If I need you Silver, I'll tell you," I admit and Silver sighs.
"You better or I'll kick your ass too," Silver admits making me smile as me and Jen get out of her Camaro, getting stares from every single person standing in the parking lot.
"I just want to go and hide," I admit signing as Jen wraps an arm around my shoulders and we walk to the front double doors of our highschool.
"It'll be fine," Jen says smiling at me as we ignore all the stares and head inside the double doors when we reach them.
"You ready for our last year of highschool?" Jen asks pulling away from me.
"Yes! I want to be done with this place," I admit signing right before I'm pushed to the ground.
"I fucking swear!" Silver growls when I slowly push myself up seeing Megan and her friends laughing at me.
"Hi loser! You gonna cry cause I pushed you?" Megan asks crossing her arms over her chest seeing if I'll cry. When I don't answer her Jen grabs my arm, but I pull away from her and shake my head.
"Let me deal with this Jen. I'll make it quick," I admit signing when I turn to Megan and Silver growls wanting to take control.
"Let me tell this bitch how to fuck off!" Silver growls once again and I sigh giving in and letting her in control.
"Don't go to overboard," I say and Silver sighs.
"I won't Emma. I promise," Silver promises when she takes control as she pops her knuckles and smiles.
"Listen here bitch I won't put up with your shit, if you don't get out of my fucking face I'll show you something you won't ever forget," Silver warns and Megan chuckles.
"Wow! Your actually trying to stand up for yourself loser! That's surprising," Megan gasps in shock at how surprising it is.
"I'm not Emma, and I'm not telling you again to back the fuck off," Silver growls and Megan sighs.
"Try your best," Megan smirks and Silver grabs her wrist pinning it tightly getting ready to break it.
"Say one more fucking smart ass thing and I'll break your wrist," Silver growls and I sigh.
"Silver quit now," I say as Silver let's go of Megan's wrist and groans.
"I was just getting to the good part," Silver sighs.
"Just let me back in control Silver," I say as Silver sighs once more and then let's me back in control.
"You're crazy!" Megan announces before jogging off away from me and Jen with her friends. I turn back and smile sheepishly at Jen who rolls her eyes.
"Was that Silver?" Jen asks and I nod.
"Yeah she kind of got out of control," I admit signing and Jen shakes her head before grabbing my arm and we start walking.
"Let's just get to class already," Jen says and I chuckle.