The Deaf Mate {6}

Hours, it felt like hours, laying there beside Jenna's lifeless body.
"Emma...," I softly hear Silver whisper but I don't listen to her, I don't hear her. Thoughts and memories run through my mind, like a precious gift given to me on my birthday.
"Emma!" Now Silver shouts as I softly caress Jenna's face, her eyes closed like she's just sleeping. Forcefully I am pulled up off the ground away from Jenna, my mind now coming back to present time.
"No! Get off me!" I yell punching and swinging at the person who pulled me up. When I'm faced towards them, I stop, tears sliding down my cheeks.
"Are you okay?? What happened??" Through my blurred vision I'm able to read his lips, Zeke is standing in front of me.
"I..," I can't speak, my voice catches in my throat. It's dried, from crying so much.
"Zeke! It's bad!" I see him look over and I look too. I see Courtney, Zayden and a young girl with them.
"Zeke..I," I mumble and he turns back to me, instantly pulling me in for a hug holding tightly. His heart is pounding really fast, something must be wrong. Curious about what's going on, I push out of his grip wiping away the tears, turning and looking.
"She's still breathing! Zayden help me!" I read from Courtney's lips, seeing Zayden rushing over to help her.
"She's breathing?" I whisper confused. Then it clicks, Jenna's still alive!
"Jenna!!" I scream running towards her, but the random girl gets in my way, keeping me from getting over to her.
"Stop," She says and I growl, glaring at her.
"Get out of my way. Now," Warning, she laughs and Zeke appears at my side. He taps my shoulder and I look over at him.
"It's okay Emma, we're going to help her. We have to take her back to our place though," Zeke says and I whimper looking back over at her. Courtney and Zayden trying their best to stabilize her.
"Can I come? I can't leave her," I softly say still watching, as Zeke touches my back and rubs it, signaling me that the answer is a yes.
"We need to get going now, if we want to keep her breathing," The girl says turning her back on us, walking off towards Courtney and Zayden.
"Who is she?" I ask signing as we walk towards all of them, my eyes watching Zeke's lips so i know what he says.
"Her name is Simone, we took her in a couple of years ago. Her parents gave her up because she was different," He says, I shrug not wanting to question any further. I look over and see Courtney waving me over. I quickly run over, setting myself down beside Jen, her eyes slowly fluttering open.
"Oh god, Jen!" I cry, grabbing one of her hands tightly holding it in mine.
"Hey Em," She smiles slightly, I half laugh half cry, relieved she's alive.
"I thought you died! I couldn't hear your heart beating," I admit, when I see her let out a small laugh.
"You're deaf, you idiot..," Jenna says after laughing. I stop and sit there so dumbfounded, I literally tried to hear her heart beating.
"Jenna I'm so sorry," I groan, letting go of her hand.
"We need to get out of here! Now!" Courtney yells as we all get up, and Zayden picks up Jenna. As we are all quickly heading towards the jeep, Simone taps me on my shoulder so I can read her lips.
"I don't really like you, so you better watch your back," Simone says, probably warning me. She picks up her pace walking ahead of me.
"I'll watch our back," Silver says growling, and I chuckle.
"Thanks Silver," I sigh as we all get into the jeep, heading to their place. Hoping with all my might they'll be able to help Jenna like they said they would.