The Deaf Mate {4}

"Can you get up now?" Silver asks as I pull my cover up over my head, being enclosed in complete darkness.
"Emma, I'm not kidding," Silver sighs, when I throw the cover off me, and lay up in bed.
"What are we rushing for?" I ask looking over at my clock, seeing its five o'clock in the morning.
"Get an early start, plus I wasn't tired anymore," Silver admits, as I get up off my bed and head to the bathroom, located in the hallway.
"You woke me up too early," I mumble running a hand through my hair, after entering the bathroom.
"Yeah, yeah. Woke you up to early," Silver giggles half mimicking me.
"You start that, and I'm blocking you out," I admit, making Silver whine in annoyance.
You're no fun," Silver grumbles and I smile. After finishing up in the bathroom, I head back to my bedroom to look for an outfit.
"You better hurry, I think your mom called you," Silver says and I sigh grabbing whatever, and quickly getting dressed.

I want to go back to bed," I groan, grabbing my phone and bag, quickly heading downstairs, seeing Mom on the couch

"Goodmorning Emma, you sleep good?" Mom asks and I read her lips before answering.
"Slept good, just wish I could go back to bed," I sign, before heading into the kitchen to find something for breakfast.
"When do you think Jen will get here?" Silver asks as I grab eggs and bacon out the fridge, before closing it shut and heading over to the stove.
"I don't know Silver, but you're seriously driving me crazy with all your questions," I admit, earning a loud groan from her, as I start cooking.
"Sorry I'm curious, you jerk," Silver mumbles, and I roll my eyes, taking the bacon out of the pan, and putting it onto my plate. Quickly I crack the eggs and toss them into the pan as they sizzle. I close up the bacon, and put it back into the fridge before heading back to the eggs, to make sure they don't burn.
"Hurry up cooking, I wanna do something fun!" Silver announces as the eggs finish and I put them onto my plate as well. I turn off the hot burner, and then push the pan onto a cool burner, before I turn and grab my plate heading over to a bar stool.
"Just let me eat, and then we can do something fun before Jen gets here," I say, and Silvers sighs dissapointedly.
"Fine," Silver grumbles as I eat my food in complete and silent peace. After a few minutes, my plate is cleaned off, and I feel a tap on my shoulder. I spin around facing Jen, who is brightly smiling.
"Jen!" I sign quickly standing up and pulling her in for a tight hug. After, I pull back and smile brightly back at her.
"Hi Em! You doing okay?" Jen signs asking and I nod, grabbing my plate and taking it to put into the sink. Once I stick it in the sink, I turn around facing her once again.
"I'm tired," I sign admitting and she rolls her eyes.
"Girls, get ready to leave, you don't want to be late," Mom says as I read her lips when she enters the kitchen.
She's right," Jen says and I groan not wanting to go to school yet.
"I'm pretty much ready. I'm just waiting on Jen to stop messing around," I sign as Jen shoots me glare, a really mean one.
"Fine! Let's go then," Jen rolls her eyes as we say our goodbyes and head outside to her Camaro.
"I'm so not ready for today," I sign, and Jen nods in agreement.
"I'm not either, so I know how you feel," Jen admits as I read her lips before we get in the car, and she starts it up driving us to school.
"I don't want to see him," Silver whispers, and I sink into my seat, as Jen pulls her car into the school parking lot, looking for a spot to park in.
"I don't either Silver..," I mumble when the Camaro is finally parked and shut off, I'm still sitting in the passenger seat, not wanting to move. When I feel a tap on my shoulder, I look over seeing Jen is worried.
"You okay?" She signs and I nod grabbing my bag, getting out of the Camaro, closing the door behind me.
"I can smell him," Silver growls, and I shiver.
"Let's go!" Jen says and I watch knowing she announced it excitedly.
"I don't want to do this," I roll my eyes admitting, earning a smile from Jen.
"It'll be fine," Jen says slinging an arm around my shoulders as we head up to the double doors, leading to the inside.
"He's close," Silver says as I look around not seeing him outside anywhere. Once we enter through the front doors, my eyes meet his, locking.
"Zeke.." I whisper when a smirk appears on his lips.
"That intoxicating scent of yours..always catching me by surprise," Zeke admits, and I shiver once more. Quickly my eyes are pulled from his and Jen is standing in front of my face, with a confused look.
"Are you good?" Jen signs asking, and I nod.
"Yeah, sorry. Let's get to class," I say as we head off to our lockers, grabbing our books for our first class.