Chapter 13: Restaurant Friendly

Matt's mom and dad was one of those parents that never seemed to quite grow up, which means that they still live in those years where they first fell in love. They have this young style to them, but not the embarrassing kind that most parents have. They're the kind who never grows out of their love for each other.

It felt amazing to be surrounded by an actual family who listens to each other and doesn't fight or yell. They're calm and collective, which I admire. They're free-spirited and warm hearted, which I also adore. They're just fun to be around, and I've only known them for maybe an hour.

The restaurant wasn't completely packed, and they already made a reservation, which was pretty cool. They're not stupid rich, but they have plenty of money for things like this.

Matt told me about the wealth they have, and it shocked me. I never knew that they were loaded with money, but he says that he doesn't really like everyone knowing because he's afraid everyone would only want to be his friend because of it.

I would never do that to him, because money doesn't really interest me.

When my parents were still together, I was young but I still remember how we lived. My parents both worked at the same business and they brought home enough money to live on. We lived in a nice house, with nice cars and I always got what I wanted and so did Jessica. We were a happy family.

But no matter what my parents did, Jessica was never really happy. She hung out with the wrong people, did the wrong things and just made bad choices. She was never satisfied with what my parents offered her, but I was.

Now you see who grew up to enjoy the little things, and who took everything for granted?

We sat down at a table and I was in complete shock with how amazing this place is. It was like a five star restaurant, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was. It was absolutely stunning in every way.

We ordered our drinks and food, and that gave us time to talk. I was a little nervous about talking with them, not because they make me nervous, but because this is our first time meeting, and I know that they are wanting to ask questions that I'm not sure if I can lie to them about.

They talked about Matt's grades and where he's going to go to college at when we graduates. It was funny to see him all shy and red-faced, because I never see him like this.

"So, Sam, what are your plans for the future?" Mrs. Bridges sat her drink down and watched me for a moment. I noticed that Matt got his green eyes from his mom, and his facial features from his dad.

"Actually, I haven't really thought about it a lot," which was true. I only think about it when it's in my head. Usually when Jessica is irritating me, cause that's when I think about where I want to go and how soon I want to leave.

"What are your interests?" she folded her arms across the table and stared at me. I'm glad she cares about my future, because nobody really does.

"I like art, and drawing," I watched as she nods and smiles. I was sure she would disapprove, because some adults don't like the idea of going to college to draw. But Matt's parents aren't like other adults.

Mr. Bridges interrupted, "I think that's a great idea. Matt has told us about how an amazing artist you are, since you both share art together, it'll be good to have another artist around here," I smiled as he complimented me and I loved how Matt talked about me to his parents.

"What do you mean, another artist?" Matt questioned as I looked at Mr. Bridges. I did hear him say another artist around here.

He smiled, "Our son," I looked at Matt and his face turned bright red and it made me laugh. That was cute that he called his son an artist.