Chapter 3: Night Out

When I woke up, I was in a daze. I could hardly move and my head was throbbing more than anything. I tried to sit up but failed when pain shot through my skull. I looked around and saw that I was laying on the floor in the living room. I faintly remembered about what happened, but most of it is a blur.

I slowly sat up and tried to ignore the pain in my head. I looked around and noticed that the sun was coming through the blinds, so it must be the next morning. I can't believe I was out all night and didn't wake up any. I looked down at my clothes and sure enough I was wearing the same clothes.

I slowly stood up and made my way up the stairs. I had to stop a couple of times because my head was killing me and the pain was unbearable. I finally made it up and to my room. I went to my closet and looked through it to find some clothes. I grabbed a pair of sweat pants and a sweater. I didn't care what I looked like today, because I felt like shit.

I stripped out of my clothes and put my others on. I went to my mirror that was attached to my dresser and I looked at myself. I re-did my hair and put it up then I slipped on my shoes. I shut my door and walked downstairs to grab my backpack. After I threw it on, I took one look at the house and thought how nice it would be if I never came back. I sighed and walked out the door.

The air was cool after the rain yesterday and it felt great. I love the cold weather and it was the perfect temperature right now, not too hot and not too cold. I don't own a jacket because Jessica took all of them but at least I have a sweater on. I knew it was going to be a cool day today, so I'm thankful I got a sweater.

I was walking down the street when a car pulled up beside me. Now, I've seen plenty of movies to know that if a car pulls up next to you, you run. I didn't give it much thought when I saw a familiar face get out and my heart immediately starting hammering.

It was one of Jessica's friends. He looked pissed and I started running without looking back. I don't know what he wanted, but I wasn't going to stay to find out. If anything, it must have been bad to come looking for me.

Now, I don't have any enemies that I know of, but Jessica's friends don't like me because I don't like that. They're all a bunch of drug heads and I hate being around them. It's like I lose brain cells every time they're near. I don't know why Jessica has such low standards when it comes to friends.

I used to like her friends when we were younger, that was before she got addicted to drugs, and I didn't mind them being around me. That was when we were still a happy family, and nothing was wrong. She would bring her friends over and they would all be nice to me and play with me, now her friends all want to get high or drunk.

I slowed down when I reached the school and stopped at the doors to catch my breath. I looked back and didn't see anyone and I thanked the heavens that they didn't follow me here. My head started throbbing again but I ignored it as best as I could.

I walked into the school and noticed that nobody was in the halls. I looked around but didn't see anyone. That's odd. I went to the front office and saw the lady at the desk as she looked at me. I glanced at clock and noticed that it was ten. Holy shit, I didn't know I was late.

The lady asked if I needed a tardy slip and I said yes. I didn't realize that it was so late. That's crazy. I grabbed the slip and thanked her then walked out.

I was looking down at my slip when I ran into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry," I looked up and met those blue eyes as they looked back into mine. I knew those eyes from anywhere and they captivate me every time.

She smiled, "Always running into things, I see," she chuckled and I couldn't help but smile. She looked down at the slip in my hand, "Oh, you're late, huh?" she looked back up and I felt my face burn.