"I hadn't really thought about any of that," he admitted.

"I just don't want you flying into a jealous rage or getting overprotective.  I know you care about me and this little one," she said pointing to her stomach.  "But to be partners, we need to respect each other's privacy and decisions."

"I get that, Ace.  It will take some time to get used to, but I promise to let you live your life.  At the end of the day, I really want for us to be friends," he replied.

"I can do that, Logan," she said with a soft smile.

They sat in silence for a few more minutes before Logan excused himself.  She felt good with how they left things, but there was still a part of her that needed to grieve this loss.  She grabbed a spoon and the pint of rocky road ice cream from the freezer.  She turned on An Affair to Remember and wallowed on her couch.  After about 30 minutes, she still didn't feel any better.

Rory: Mom, are you still awake?

Lorelai: Yes, I am.  Why?

Rory: I need to talk and I didn't want to wake up Luke.

Lorelai: Give me 5 minutes.

"Hello, Mom," Rory said answering the phone.

"What's going on, Kid?"

"Well, first, I want you to promise not to say anything until I'm done," she started.

"Again?  Ok, go ahead and tell Mommy all about your problems."

Rory told Lorelai what had happened in San Francisco, the last couple of weeks, and what happened earlier in the night.  There was a long pause as Lorelai waited for Rory to finish.

"Can I say something now?" Lorelai asked.

"Fine," she replied.

"Rory, what the hell were you thinking?"

"I don't know.  I thought I wanted the chance at a happy family with Logan."  She paused and thought for a moment.  "Honestly, I don't think my heart was in it.  It never felt like it did before, and I think, maybe, I had already started the healing process, started to move on," Rory admitted.

"So, you've finally quit Logan?" Lorelai asked.

"As a love interest, yes, but you know well enough that he'll always be in my life now."

"Oh, Kid, you know that I am well versed in the baby daddy bond," she said and decided to redirect the conversation.  Lorelai wasn't in the mood to discuss that at this time.  "So, favorite daughter of mine, any possibilities on the horizon?  Something, or someone, from down under, perhaps?"

"Mom," Rory chastised.

"What?  I saw the way you looked at each other when you were here and the way he protected you in San Francisco.  You flew over 6 hours across the country to see him, Rory.  You don't just fly across the country for a friend.  Would you fly 6 hours to see Paris?  I mean, I'd fly 6 hours, but in the opposite direction!  That chick is a force to be reckoned with!  I guess this is just a long way for me to say he's more than just a friend to you," Lorelai stated.

"I know, but he was the one who told me to go to Logan, to have a chance at a happy family.  Maybe that was his way of telling me he doesn't like me in that way.  Then again, the kiss we shared the other night told a different tale," she replied.

"Ummm....when did this happen, and why haven't you told Mommy?  You've been holding out on me!" Lorelai said.  "You know I'm a married woman now and have to live vicariously through my only offspring."

"There's nothing to tell.  I went to New York to meet Paris like I said before.  We happened to be at the same restaurant and Finn gave me a ride back to Hartford.  Then we kissed.  The end."

"The end?  Are you sure?  I think you should talk to him."

"Easier said than done, Mom."

"Rory, he cares about you.  Why do you think he stepped aside?"

"I guess I hadn't thought of it like that."

"Kid, just talk to him," Lorelai said.

"I know, Mom."

"My pot of coffee is gone.  Do I need to make myself another, or are you ok now?"

"Yes, I feel better now.  Thanks, Mom!"

"Ok, Kid, you need to get some rest and take care of my granddaughter!"

"Yes, Mom," she replied mockingly.  "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Rory."