I sat back down at my seat, earning a few glances and stares from everyone. At this point, I didn't give a single fuck. They could say whatever they wanted about me, make me feel horrible for what happened, they could beat me for all I care.

But I promised myself that I wouldn't leave until Kat told me herself to leave.

I planted my head in between my hands, shutting my eyes. At this point, I'm pretty sure there were no tears left for me to cry.

My head began to spin with multiples of different outcomes running through my mind. If only I could go back to this morning and make sure that none of this would have happened. But I couldn't, and that's what was driving me insane.

"Zayn," I heard a soft voice call my name. I recognized Carlee's voice but I didn't answer.

"Listen, I know none of this was your fault," she whispered.

As she said this, I felt as if she was lying, as if it were actually my fault. I shook my head, unable to believe it.

"She's going to be okay."

Another quiet sob escaped my mouth, but I still didn't respond. I knew that she was going to be okay, but something inside me kept telling me that even if there was a scratch on her body, I was to blame.

Carlee continued to reassure me that everything was going to be okay and none of this was my fault. After a while, though, she realized it was of no use and left to go talk to Jack.

An hour passed while I lay with my head resting on my hands. I felt as if I hadn't blinked ever since I'd been sitting here, no emotions seemed to take over me except for one that I had grown to know too well; pain.

"Look at him," I heard Kat's dad murmur, "he doesn't have to pretend to care about Kat, tell him to leave, Jack."

"Honey, I think he would've left if he didn't care." Cora said to him.

A cold chuckle escaped his mouth, "he's just staying here to prove a point. The damage has already been done, there is no way I am letting him near her."

I took deep breaths. Stay calm Zayn, they aren't worth it.

"And besides," Mark said, obviously noticing my frustration, "if it weren't for him, she'd most likely be happy right now."

My head shot up. That was it, he had crossed the line. "What?" I said to him, "what did you say?"

"You heard me right, she's not happy with you and there is no changing that." He replied simply.

I got up and walked towards him. Jack and Carlee both got up immediately. Jack came towards me, preparing to hold me back.

"If anything it's you who doesn't make her happy. Do you know where she was before she came to my house? The bar. She was drinking because she was stressed about how she would come up with the money to move out of your house." I spat, but I still had a lot to say.

"This is why she shouldn't have quit modeling," Cora said.

I glared at her, dumbfounded that she could be thinking of something like that at a time like this. So I decided to say, "you know what that fucking job was doing to her? She was starving herself just so she could live up to your name. So instead of everyone else who thought that she was okay, I begged her to quit. It took so long before she finally agreed to quit. Because unlike you two who wanted her to "live up to a name" or "earn money for the future", I was more concerned about her health."

I breathed. Man did that feel good to get off of my chest.

They both stood quietly so I continued. "I don't give a fuck about what you say to me, but if you think I'm the one making Kat unhappy, think again."