Twenty Six

The day Dean was meant to go to hell, the bunker went silent. It was like there was curse. Even Willow was quiet, even though she had no idea what was going on. You didn't say a word until at least 2 p.m., when Dean finally snapped. 

 "Okay, I can't handle this. This is not how I want to spend my last day on Earth." Dean said, and you turned to look at him from where you were helping Willow out with something. 

 "What do you want me to say? 'Hey it's your last day on Earth let's have a party'?" You asked him, putting your hands on your hips. Dean sighed, walking over and pressing a kiss to your forehead. 

  "No, but I want you to say something. I don't like the silent treatment." He murmured, and you sighed before nodding. Pulling away, you smiled at him before standing on your tiptoes and pressing a kiss to his lips. He chuckled, kissing back and pulling you closer. 

 "I love you." You whispered after pulling away, pressing your forehead against Dean's. You closed your eyes, smiling when he whispered it back. You had gone through so much with Dean, had so much heartbreak, you had no idea what you would do when he was gone. He was your life now, and he would be gone in a matter of hours. 

  "I love you too!" Willow shouted suddenly, and you both turned to look at her, laughing. She giggled, eyes shining just like her dad's. 

  "Hey, how's everybody doing?" Gabriel asked, coming on on Sam's back. You didn't even blink at the sight of Sam giving Gabe a piggyback ride, that's how they'd entered a room for the whole week. 

 "Fine, I guess." You said, letting out a shaky sigh. Dean squeezed your hand, sending you a loving look which you returned. Gabriel hopped off Sam's back, turning to face you as Sam wrapped an arm around Gabriel's waist. 

 "Have the hallucinations started, Dean?" Gabriel asked him, and all eyes- except Willow because she was coloring- turned to Dean. Sighing, he nodded, and you pulled yourself closer to him. 

 "They started a couple hours ago." Dean explained, and you saw Sam clench his jaw and look away. You knew this was hard for him, losing his brother again. Sighing, you pulled away from Dean, getting an idea. 

 "How about we all go the meadow for a picnic and some swimming?" You asked, and everyone instantly agreed. You got a picnic ready while everyone went to get their swimsuits, Willow waddling after Dean. You made the food, putting it all in a basket before going to change into your own swimsuit. Once you all were ready, you piled into the Impala, ready for some fun on this oh-so depressing day. Once you arrived, Dean set out a blanket while you set the food out, making sure Willow didn't fall into the river. 

  You all sat down, eating and talking about how you should come here more often, not even mentioning the fact that Dean would be dead by tomorrow. Soon you all were done eating and running over to the river, Willow in your arms. Sam, Dean, and Gabriel jumped in, swimming over to the deeper end while you waded in the shallow end with Willow. You watched the three men swim around, smiling at how happy they all looked. 

  Willow giggled in delight as she tried to catch some minnows, running along the side of the river but always staying in your sight. You sat on the edge, letting your feet dangle in the water and the sun shine on the rest of your body. You loved days like this, when it was all happiness. You knew it wouldn't last long. Soon you'd be cleaning up your husband's torn apart body. Just the thought brought tears to your eyes. You watched as Willow waddled over to you, smiling brightly. 

~Mystical time skip~

      You knew it was getting close to the time. Dean was getting pale, and he constantly looked over his shoulder as if he had heard something. You put Willow to bed early, knowing very well that there was no way you were going to let her see this. You were curled up against Dean's chest, both of you laying in the bed you had shared for quite some time.