Chapter 2

Hey so I got some reads which is great but it would be even better if I could get some votes and comments. Also feedback I need lots of because I won't know what to write if you don't tell me. I am also open to criticism as this is my first fanfic. Ok so disclaimer – All rights go to JK ROWLING except for Myer and Jen who I made up all on my own (Aren't I clever!). Ok shutting up now. On with the story...

The glare of the sun slowly washing over my face wakes me up. I roll over and stare at my clock. Seven am already? I stand up and yank my curtains closed so that no light can get in. When I finally get back into bed I collapse onto the pillows. I have just closed my eyes for five second when...

"LILY!" I groan and shove a pillow in my face. "Mum says you need to get up! Or whatever, it's not like I care." Petunia's squeaky voice echoes off the walls and gives me a headache. I rub my temples before yelling back.

"Just coming!" Ten minutes later I am showered, dressed and downstairs eating breakfast. I can't wait for today, Remus and his family are taking me into Diagon Alley because, well, my family are muggles and would probably embarrass me somehow, besides Petunia doesn't even want to come. The Lupin's live right across the road from us and are good friends with my parent's so when they offered I accepted right away.

Suddenly the doorbell rings. I shove my plate into the sink and skip down the hall, opening the door to the lovely, smiling, Remus Lupin.

"Hi, just give me a second to get my coat and shoes on." I say before running upstairs. I swing round the banister and grab my coat from the hook on the back of my door, picking up a pair of shoes on the way and then head back downstairs. I make it to the last step and then trip, landing flat on my face. I groan and look up to see that Remus is laughing. "Hey! It's not funny. That hurt, stupid step." I say, pulling myself up and brushing myself off.

"Yeah, because it was the steps fault!" He mocks. I poke my tongue out at him. "That's really mature." He says, rolling his eyes.

"You know, if you keep up that attitude then you'll end up like Potter or worse; Black!" I say, Remus scoffs.

"As if, and speaking of James and Sirius - I said we'd meet up with them."

"Okay, I said I'd meet up with Alice, Myer and Jen." I have been friends with them since first year. Alice is small and shy, with long wavy brown hair and blue eyes. She's in love with Frank Longbottom and his is in love with her but neither of them have enough courage to ask each other out. Myer too has long, brown hair but hers is straight and she usually keeps it tied up in a ponytail. She's an average student with good grades. She isn't too shy nor too out-going, she is just normal but sometimes normal people are the most interesting people. Jen on the other hand is the complete opposite of both of them; she has long, blonde hair and blue eyes. Some might mistake her for a dumb blonde but they'd be wrong. She has an evil tongue and doesn't know how to control it, with sarcasm and wicked remarks constantly rolling off it. She is also constantly coming up with disgusting sexual innuendos that I try to ignore. Despite that I love them all to pieces and would be totally lost without them.

"Oh, okay." Remus says, clearly disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Well I was just hoping that maybe if you spent a bit more time with James then maybe you'd eventually grow to like him." He says quietly, clearly embarrassed by what he's saying.

"Remus, I know he's your friend but I will never like him, he's too arrogant and vain."

"I know but I just hoped that-" But he doesn't get to finish his sentence because he's cut off my a car horn.

"Sounds like your parents are getting a bit impatient."

"Okay, we should go but this conversation isn't over." We head down the front steps and I trip on the last step again. Muttering profanity under my breath I brush the dirt off my trousers, while Remus is trying not to laugh. I glare at him and he stops immediately.

"Oh, I wasn't laughing at you. It was the steps fault, bad step!" He says still laughing.

"Ha ha, you're hilarious." I say sarcastically.

"That I am." He says and I lightly punch him in the arm as we climb into the Lupin's vehicle. The drive there is slow and boring as we live far away from London but eventually we make it and I step out onto Diagon Alley.

Ok another chapter done. Sorry it's short. Did you like the symmetry with James and Lily and how they both trip down the last step and then yell at it!? Vote and comment. I need feedback! Tah. Thanks for reading XOXOXO

*Edited and updated 19/01/2016