Bellamy had even said that one night she'd woken up screaming.

But as Octavia glanced at Brinley, no evidence of any suffering was on her face. In fact she looked almost content, and in that moment it seemed that two of the people she cared about most had found peace – without each other.

But even though Octavia liked Gina, she knew that if Brinley were to walk back into their camp, there would be no competition. Gina was kind and caring, and she took care of Bellamy, but she didn't hold a candle to Brinley who challenged Bellamy like no other.

'How is everyone?' Brinley's tone was light but there was a burning curiosity in her eyes.

'Everyone's good. How are you? Ready to come home yet?'

Brinley sighed. Octavia asked her the same question every time they met and every single time Brinley gave her the same answer. 'I'm fine, and you'll be the first to know when I decide to go back.'

Octavia nodded, unable to stop the small pang of disappointment from running through her.

'How's Clarke?'

'Alive as far as I know.' Brinley shrugged. 'She doesn't want to be around anyone.'

Octavia nodded in understanding. 'C'mon, let's walk.'

*****

'Monty! Why aren't you ready?'

'I am. He's not.' Monty's eyes were trained on Jasper who was already drunk, his face distressed as he listened to his once lively best friend, mumble drunkenly in his sleep.

Bellamy took one look at Jasper and shook his head as he moved to get a clearer view, Monty following.

'What should we do?'

'We should leave him this time.' Bellamy sounded apologetic and Monty noticed.

'He's not getting better. Maya's death broke him. He needs this.'

Bellamy considered Monty's words before he sighed. 'Take an arm.'

Jasper groaned as the two pulled him up, leading him towards the rover.

'Zeke I said produce first, art doesn't go bad!'

Bellamy's head turned at the familiar voice. 'Monty he's all yours.'

Gina smiled as Bellamy approached her, a smile tugging at his own lips. 'Hey, easy run?'

Gina sighed. 'I hate that place.'

Bellamy wholeheartedly agreed with her statement. 'I know.'

Gina reached up, kissing him before she spoke again. 'Got you something though.'

She reached for the book she'd kept concealed from the rest of her group. 'You said your Mum used to read this to you. Thought you'd like it.'

Bellamy looked down at the worn copy of the Iliad, nostalgia overcoming him for a moment. 'I do, thanks.'

Bellamy stepped away, tossing his bag carelessly on the rover.

'Hey! Take it easy!' Raven warned as she appeared from under the rover.

'Good morning to you too.' Bellamy tossed Miller a gun as he appeared.

'What's the point if we can't shoot 'em?' Miller rolled his eyes.

'We can, just not to kill. That goes for everyone. Where's Octavia?'

'We're going outside the wall, do you honestly think she'd miss that?' Miller scoffed.