10 - Tag, You're It

Comment and vote please!
*UNEDITED*

*****

They didn't have to wait long. Brinley was sitting beside Monty watching the surveillance video when it happened.

'Here they come.' Brinley muttered to Monty who nodded at her nervously.

'No guns.' Monty muttered as he moved towards Jasper, Brinley following. 'No guns you were right.'

'It's because they can't kill us. Not like this anyway.' Jasper frowned.

'Be careful with that thing, we're in close, you could hit one of us.' Brinley heard Miller talking to Harper who looked worried, evidence of her abuse still obvious on her pretty face.

'Miller.' Brinley snapped. 'Leave her alone. She's got this.'

Miller put his hands up in surrender and Harper sent Brinley a timid smile that she returned.

'Wait a minute, some of them aren't wearing Hazmat suits.' Monty realised, a terrible feeling crawling over his skin.

'What's it mean?' Miller asked in confusion.

But Brinley knew what it meant; she squeezed her fists together tightly as Jasper answered.

'Means they're cured. The marrow treatments worked.'

'Get ready!' Jasper addressed the rest of the group and not a moment later, cans of red gas were thrown into the room.

'Grab them!' Brinley ordered. 'Put them in water! Hold your breath! Now! Now! Go!'

Anyone who could grab the cans did, dumping them in water to stop the noxious smoke filling the room.

'Everybody get down!' Jasper ordered as everyone dropped where they were, feigning unconsciousness as people swarmed the room.

Brinley heard someone disturb one of the buckets of water as Jasper jumped up from beside her. 'Now!'

Blood was spilled as the sounds of conflict filled the room, each remaining member of the original one hundred fighting for their survival, killing those that got in their way. It was a barbaric scene, one of unexplainable violence.

But to them that was simply how life had been since they'd landed on the ground.

'Retreat! Retreat!' One of the guards screamed upon realising they were losing. Brinley struck out at him, landing a nice slice across his cheek as he ran away from the chaos.

'We did it! Seal the barricade!' Jasper cheered, but the excitement wore off as a high-pitched scream filled the room.

'No! Jasper! You promised!'

'Fox! Fox! No! No!'

'Grab him!' Brinley ordered Miller, who was closer to their friend as he tried to leave the room.

'She'll be okay.' Miller muttered quietly.

Jasper stopped fighting. 'I promised her.'

One of the soldiers by their feet began trying to crawl away clearly injured, and Brinley watched in shock as an emotionless Jasper swung his axe, ending the mans life with one sickening thump.

There was a stunned silence before Brinley spoke. 'Alright, fix the barricade, gather any fallen weapons we need to be ready for another attack.' No one moved. 'Come on people lets go! Now!'

'Hey, Jasper.' Brinley put a hand on her friends shoulder. 'Are you okay?'

'If anything happens to Fox-'

'She'll be fine, okay? Remember Bellamy's helping too, and Clarke and Raven are working from the outside. We aren't entirely alone in this.'

Jasper nodded. 'I know.'