9 - Survival

A/N ITS BEEN SO LONG IM SO SORRY
I'm right back into writing this story now, I will update again later today or in the next day or so atleast! Not long until I start writing season 3!
Also going to write out a playlist so expect that. 
Comment and vote please!
*NOT EDITED*

*****

Sharp cracks sounded throughout the forest.

Thump, thump, thump, thump.

Brinley's heartbeat was irregular as she ran. As she'd walked the radio had slowly died out until she knew that Raven would no longer receive any communication from her. She'd shoved it into her pack and continued towards Mount Weather, her journey continuing on as expected.

What she hadn't expected was the reapers to be out so early, and so soon.

She'd tried to hide, being caught wasn't part of her plan, but one of the disfigured forms had noticed her, chasing after her with guttural growls escaping his lips. He was fast, much, much faster than Brinley had anticipated him being, and he was gaining on her quickly.

'Fuck off!' Brinley cursed as she ran; zig zagging around the trees in the hopes of losing the reaper tailing her.

No luck.

Another reaper appeared, blocking her immediate path. He lunged at her, successfully catching her in a vice like grip. Brinley slashed at him with the knife she held tightly in her hand, but the reaper didn't even seem to feel her attack, bashing a large rock against her head to knock her out.

'Motherfucker.' Brinley slurred as her legs gave out and her eyes closed.

*****

Brinley came to with a splitting headache. From what she could gather through blurry eyes was that she was slung over a reapers shoulder like a rag doll, and already they were inside the tunnels connected to Mount Weather.

Brinley's heart pounded against her chest and she prayed that the reaper didn't notice any change. She'd seen what they did to their captives and she felt nauseous at the thought. This was a situation that Brinley never imagined herself in.

She tried to force herself, to focus, to come up with some sort of plan...

But she was given no time as she was tossed onto the group, the reaper leering down at her in delight.

She had no other option; Brinley screamed.

The reaper jumped on top of her, pinning her down with his entire weight. Brinley tried to kick, punch, bite and claw at the man as much as possible, tears gathering in her eyes as she realised she was over powered.

A high pitched noise bounced off the rock walls as the reaper pinning her down and those surrounding them, their own captives lined up on a log, backed away in fear, covering their ears and dropping to their knees obediently.

'Get back! Get back!'

Two men in mount weather clothing appeared, faces covered in protective masks. Brinley knew that this was her chance to get inside and despite the shaking of her body and the erratic beating of her heart Brinley rolled onto her side, covering her face.

'Not a bad selection here. Tsing will be pleased. Should we call her?' Through her lashes Brinley watched as one of the men began injecting the reapers with a red substance in a needle.

'We... oh jesus christ, another one?' Brinley felt a boot nudge her harshly. 'That's the third girl this week.'

'Is this one still alive?' The second man sounded unconcerned, almost bored even.

'I don't know, I doubt it. These-'

Brinley could hear the first man coming closer as he leant down to inspect her, and when she felt he was close enough her eyes snapped open as she reached up and pulled off the mask that was keeping him alive. The effect was instantaneous as burns formed over his skin, his cries turning into on final gasp before he fell over dead.