Clarity

Hi guys! Long time no see!

I posted a video (one of my favorite songs of all time) that actually really relates to Preston and Auden's relationship/Auden's dilemna with herself.

With that in mind, enjoy the story! If you thought it had a slow beginning, it's going to pick up the pace from here.

Her eyes widened in recognition.

Sarah’s hair was a tad lighter and it looked like she had lost some weight, but she was still the gorgeous sister-figure I had known all those years ago.

I ignored Preston’s questioning stare and focused on Sarah whispering something in her date’s ear. He nodded slowly and moved out of her way.

She cautiously approached me and offered a small smile. “Hello, Auden.”

“Sarah, what are you doing here?” I asked, probably with too much force.

Her smile tightened and she shrugged it off, “Wow, you’ve  grown up so much! You’re stunning! I remember when you were only thirteen and you had no idea what mascara was.”

“Sarah.”

She sighed and glanced at Preston uncertainly.

“Preston, I need to talk to her in private for a second, do you mind if we have a little privacy?” I asked him quietly.

He shot me a worried look, sensing the tension, but nodded anyways. He got up and walked out of the restaurant without a word.

Sarah sat across from me and looked out the window, “This is such a pretty view, huh?”

“Sarah.” I said again, wanting to jump straight to the point.

She turned back to meet my eyes, “What do you want, Auden, answers? Because you won’t want to hear the truth.”

“Why did you do it?” I half-whispered, my voice cracking slightly.

Sarah looked at me with a serious face, “Why does anyone do it? I wasn’t happy.”

“But what about Damian? You loved him, didn’t you?” I asked.

Her eyes started to water and she looked away, “I loved your brother more than I have loved anyone.” She said softly with a cautious glance to her date.

“Then why?”

She took a deep breath and faced me once again, “Because I was pregnant.”

I almost shouted, “You tried killing yourself because you were going to have Damian’s baby? How could you do that?”

Sarah shook her head furiously and held my arm, “You have to understand, Auden. It wasn’t Damian’s baby.”

My eyes narrowed, “So you cheated on him, got knocked up, and then felt guilty? You should feel even guiltier for what you did to Damian’s heart and your family’s heart.”

“Stop jumping to conclusions.” Sarah hissed, “I didn’t want to have this baby, but most of all, I didn’t want to have sex with this guy.” She wiped away a tear, “Auden, I was raped.”

I was speechless. I couldn’t say a word.

She continued, “And it wasn’t just once. He followed me to work, to friends’ houses, to my car in the parking lot; he was everywhere.” She looked out the window for the nth time, finding it hard to look me in the eye, “I found out a month and a half in. I couldn’t live with this man’s baby inside of me. I know it was cruel to want to take this innocent child’s life for my own selfish reasons, but I was so hurt and scared of this man that I wanted no reminders.”