My Brother's New Band/Chapter One.

Hey, hey, hey! So, this first chapter is quite short, I'll make the following one longer, I promise!

Anyway, hope you enjoy! If you do, then please be sure to vote, comment, fan, blahblahblah. You know the drill.

Thanks!

xx

11.45 A.M.

{Kaylee}

The sound of her brother's voice was beginning to irritate Kaylee way too much. Ever since she'd step foot in the kitchen, he hadn't shut up. She felt sorry for her mother, because whilst she made pancakes, the sound of her son's voice hadn't left her ears. As the family sat down for breakfast, Niall's voice was still the only thing to be heard, apart from a few dogs barking outside.

''And Louis- man, you guys'll love him, he's hilarious!'' The blonde boy said excitedly. 

A year ago, her brother had auditioned for the X-Factor. Lucky for him he got in, and ended up in a band called 'One Direction'. Kaylee and her father had yet to meet the other four boys in the band, but today that would change. Since they needed to discuss stuff about their upcoming album, they four boys were staying over at the Horan residence.

From what Kaylee had seen in pictures and on TV, everyone in the band, not counting Niall, were pretty hot.  Not just hot, sexy, even. Although Kaylee felt bad admitting it, because she did, in fact, have a boyfriend.

Half an hour later, the table was cleared up and Kaylee found herself in her room, sitting on her bed cross-legged and wondering what to do. 

There was a knock on the door and her brother appeared at the doorway, a smile on his face. ''What?'' Kaylee snapped, irritated by his presence. ''Who pissed in your Cheerios?'' The blonde boy was quick to reply, frowning.

The girl sighed, frustated. Outside her window, the grass was green and the sky was blue, the sun blasting heat from above. In Ireland, though, it wasn't too hot yet. It was only the start of June. 

''I just wanted to make sure you won't embarrass me too much in front of the lads,''

Niall's words caused her eyebrows to knit together in confusion. ''Dude,'' She began, slightly angry. ''I'm sure you embarass yourself enough.'' She chewed on the inside of her cheek, breathing through her nose. Now her brother looked angry.

''Piss off!'' He snapped, glaring at his sister. ''Whatever,'' She stated childishly, rolling her eyes and looking away. She heard her door close and fast paced footsteps walking to the room opposite hers.

The violet walls of her small-ish room had turned darker over the years. Her big white wardrobe stood proudly opposite her bed, next to her messy desk that held her laptop, a light, and numerous books she'd either read or didn't care about. Her bed, small but big enough for two, was in the corner next to the door. When she lay down at night, lights off and sky dark, glow-in-the-dark stars would greet her, reminding her of one of her favorite Christmasses.

Deciding she was tired and absolutely bored, she crashed down into her bed, her head hitting the soft pillow. She covered herself with her favorite purple blanket and closed her blue eyes, hoping that when she woke up she'd feel less tired.

 _____________________________________________________________________

5.29 P.M.

''This is my sister's room, but I think she's asleep so let's just skip that for now,'' A muffled Irish voice was the first thing she heard when her eyes fluttered open.

''Why can't we just-'' Another voice. A hand was now on the doorknob, she could tell. ''No!'' A voice, unmistakeably her brother's, called out. ''She's in a pissy mood, anyway,'' He grumbled, and they carried on walking.

In a confused, sleepy state, Kaylee stood up, stetching her arms and releasing a groan. She picked up her phone from the desk and pressed a button. The familiar screen lit up like a Christmas light, and the time on the top right corner read five thirty. She raised her eyebrows, slightly shocked that she managed to get that much sleep.  She yawned and set her phone down,  checking that she looked okay in the mirror that hung over her bed before she went out of the room.

Seconds after she'd closed her door, her brother's door opened and he stood there with a smile quite similar to the one he wore in the morning. ''Hey,'' She said, the anger she felt earlier seeming to have disappeared.

''Great, you're awake!'' He sounded excited as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her with him into the room. She was about to protest but by the time she opened her mouth, she was already standing in the room and the door was being locked. 

Niall began laughing and walked over to the bed, and Kaylee just stood there, staring at the five males in her presense.

The black-haired one she remembered was called Zayn, he was really hot. The other brown-haired  guy, the tall one, she decided was probably Liam, leaving the other one who was definitely Louis. But as she stared at the curly-haired boy whose name she was sure was Harry, her heart sped up and her breath caught in her throat.

Could it be..?

No, it definitely could not be.