Chapter 48: Domination

Start from the beginning

However, the daggers weren't even the real catch.

Just as the knives were a few meters from the Rhinos, arcs of electricity channeled from Jade's staff shot into them. The combo skill, [Overcharge Object] charged the knives with tens of thousands of volts which exploded upon impact with the chiefs. The considerable discharge unleashed all that potential energy into the chiefs in the form of massive electric damage. Blasted off their mounts, the chiefs did not even get a chance to feel over half of their bodies instantaneously combust into flames.

They were long dead before they hit the ground.

Jade let out a chuckle as she continued running towards the pillar-like structures off in the distance formed by the wyverns who chased the rapidly ascending vampire. She quickly downed a mana potion, an eye on the still advancing Theriums. Mana had just begun condensing around her right hand when a set of throwing daggers suddenly stabbed into the earth a few feet ahead of the rhinos. Jade sent a smile at the red mage who zipped overhead on a broadsword.

Absalon's gaze was already cast to the next emergency situation on the battlefield as he muttered absent-mindedly. "[Gravinode]"

The Therium rhinos, as if ordered by a god itself, suddenly crashed to their knees, faces planted against the earth. Fortunately, the commander had reduced the gravity in order to conserve mana. So, although they would not die, they were forced to suffer for the thirty-second window the skill was active. Their pained cries fell upon deaf ears as the commander had already sped off to resolve a crisis somewhere else.

Jade issued a mock salute with two fingers as she zipped passed the fallen rhinos. Green eyes sparkled with delight as a line of heavy warriors with tower shields ahead banded together to form a seemingly impenetrable wall. Six rows of desperate Merrites strengthened the shield bearers from behind, rugged bodies braced against the person directly in front.

The electric mage issued a small smile as a flash of yellow and blue boomed past.

BOOM!

An explosive boom burst out as Shoko's right foot stomped onto the centermost shieldbearer's tower. Rather than help absorb the impact, the six men behind formed a sturdy wall which concentrated the strike on the shield bearer. A sickening, crunching sound rang out as the shield crushed its wielder's arm, and forced him to a knee as it bent backward.

Shoko's sword sheath glowed as she pushed down on the shield and launched herself above the line of soldiers. The bowmen already had their bows notched in preparation for such an attempt to bypass the shield wall. They laughed inwardly as they aimed at the stupid swordswoman. There was no way she could use her fancy footwork while airborne to dodge. A sitting duck had a higher chance of survival than she. With a shout, their fingers were only half second letting loose a hail of death.

Shoko was faster.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

Shoko's blade screamed out as all the sword potential stored unleashed hails of wind scythes at the soldiers below. These scythes were not so sharp that they caused instant death. Rather they were massive in size and height and behaved more like clubs that exploded on impact with the ground, rendering the enemy lines chaotic as soldiers were blasted out of formation.

The recoil, which increased with each swing kept Shoko suspended in place. Nine times her blade cried out. By the tenth, A massive amount of Ki burst out of her body to center on the blade as it momentarily returned to its sheath.

The soldiers below braced themselves as it was obvious this would be the final and strongest blow of the ten hit combo.

A dense amount of blue Ki burst out as Shoko's blade shot out of its sheath. The Merrites, who had already braced for impact, were shocked to see the swordswoman turn in place, her blade traveling anti-clockwise, down then up again. No one noticed the flash of green that jumped for the swordswoman as her blade began its descent.