Chapter 46: We Will Survive

A/N: Hey Guys! So, Today, we will be doing a test preview of a little experiment. Wattpad murdered Soundcloud so we can't listen to music that way anymore, and I don't like telling people to find music on their own. It's just too much work. So, we'll be testing together something new that I haven't done before: Embedding a Youtube video within the story.

Truth be told, I'm a little skeptical about this since not only will offline users miss out, but there's a danger we will be too busy watching the video to remember it's meant to assist the story, not replace it (heavily guilty of that myself when writing.) Hence, all I ask is that you play the video, but let it play at the background as you read the book. I tried to map the events in the chapter to the video using the average speed of most readers to improve atmosphere.

 Anyway, for this chapter I uploaded two kinds of videos: The first does not directly correlate to the events of the story, but it was what I was listening to on repeat while writing the initial scenes for this chapter. I felt it captured the mood. The second, on the other hand is meant to be exactly the song sang in the battlefield. You might notice I reworked the lyrics a little to fit the situation more... I hope you guys enjoy this experiment. Let me know what you think in the comments....

//*UPDATE*//

So, as it turns out, Watty here ain't mobile-friendly when it comes to embedded Youtube videos. Although mobile readers can play the videos, they can't read the novel while it plays in the background. Only PC users can enjoy that luxury apparently... (I smell a PC Master Race joke somewhere in there.)

Well, I'll leave the videos still. You guys decide whether you want more like them or not.. Ciao.

****************

****************

Blood erupted, staining cold blades as they reaped countless lives. Bodies dropped to the floor, empty eyes clouded over with regret and pain; Dreams, Hopes, and Loves abandoned to the unfeeling earth. The cries of the innocent and the guilty did not sound so different, both echoing a desperate desire for life and the damning resignation of inevitable death. This was war, the insatiable monster who would forever feast on the differing ideals and greed of man.

Ah, wait. If there was one good thing, it was that as of this moment, the cries of the guilty far outweighed those of the innocent.

The Merrites could do nothing as Jade and Syèl tore into their ranks. To make confusing matters worse, the electric mage turned herself into a mobile stun battery. Arcs of green electricity pulsed from her body at short, regular intervals. These arcs chained amongst all enemies within ten meters, stunning them in the process. This made it easy for the army behind to crush the paralyzed soldiers before they recovered. Javelins wrought from the earth and powered by flames constantly flew ahead of the two, bursting apart defensive shields and formations.

The dwarfs did not lose in ferocity. Led by Yngvar Kernode, they crushed the enemy underfoot, master crafted warhammers and swords tearing through the enemy's defenses like a knife through butter.

At the Southern End, Drixlia thundered its way into the heart of the enemy troops, weapons, shields, and skulls crushed beneath its mighty hooves. From atop its back, missiles of death ripped through the enemy soldiers. Next, to it, Kira simply charged, her massive frame enough to directly crush to paste anything she hit full-on. The enemy, whose earlier confusion had descended into all-out panic could do nothing to stop their charge. The drakul, empowered by their leader's imposing figure slashed, clawed and bit their way through all opposition, their speed on foot no slower than Drixlia's.

 The drakul, empowered by their leader's imposing figure slashed, clawed and bit their way through all opposition, their speed on foot no slower than Drixlia's