Ego: Slow Down

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He was warm underneath my hands, I pulled off my tank top leaving me in my bra and shorts. His lips moved from my lips to my jaw to my neck finding a spot just below my ear, he nibbled on the sensitive area making me moan out.

Are you about to have sex with Niall? My subconscious remarked. I shouldn't but the way he's kissing me is pretty much sealing the deal.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The grip he has under my thighs loosens as he starts to unbutton his jeans, nervousness coursing through me. I pulled his head back gently so we could look each other in the eyes.

"We won't even remember this." I said quietly as he sets me down on my feet.

"Yeah, that was stupid of me I should've stopped myself I'm really sorry Val." He rubbed at the nape of his neck. I tip toed and kissed his cheek. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me in for a hug to which I gladly hugged him back.

"We keep this strictly between us. Also your boner is like all up on my bellybutton." His contagious laugh filled the house as he let me go.

"You are some piece of work Valerie O'Connor." He laughed a bit quieter this time. I chuckled. My phone rang in the living room and vibrated against the glass topped coffee table. I answered it while Niall went into the kitchen.

It was Harry, what wonderful timing!

"W-what is it?" I asked as my nerves went into overdrive.

"I was an asshole, I shouldn't have brought that up and then accused you of wanting to kiss him again." If you only knew what almost happened you would not be apologizing and people would get hurt.

"It's fine." I said trying to mask my shaky tone, how convenient is it that he calls me moments after Niall and I almost had drunk sex up against a wall.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine I'm just a bit tired is all." I lied, I wasn't fine and I'm not even close to being tired.

Why did he call? "Umm, Harry, why did you call?"

"I just wanted to apologize for what I said and that I love you." I hesitated for beat before telling him I loved him too. A gut wrenching feeling of guilt engulfed me, I felt as if I would suffocate. I had put a wedge between he and Niall's friendship and what I just almost did would've ruined it. Our relationship is already dysfunctional.

"Well, goodnight I guess." He said clearing his throat, his voice guarded and void of any emotion.

"Night." He hung up before I could even pull the phone away from my face.

I set my phone down on the end table next to the couch running my hand over my face as an attempt to clear my mind. I wonder if Harry ever felt this bile inducing guilt that made your hands shake and feel clammy.

I hadn't even heard when Niall left the kitchen so when I turned around to see him coming out of the bathroom with his towel slung over his shoulder dressed in sweatpants I was a bit surprised at how much time had past.

"Are you turning in?" I asked.

"Yeah, because who goes out to a club on a Monday?" He asked with a shrug. I chuckled and agreed nodding my head.

"I hope nothing changes between us Niall, you are really one of my closest friends, you're like a brother... Who I almost.. Okay, so, no. Not gonna go in that direction." He laughed again.

"Lets switch this conversation to a less serious tone, we could have a sleepover or something, I have sleeping bags a shit ton of good movies and there is a lot more stir fry left. Sounds good?"