Father's Day

A/N  Came up with this idea a few weeks ago and finally got around to writing it. Thought it was cute and fluffy :) Enjoy <3

"Daddy, where is Lock?" Rosie asked as she helped me dump a measuring cup full of flour into the bowl in front of us. Flour puffed up into our faces, leaving us both coated in a thin layer of the white powder.

"He's sleeping sweetie." I reached for the rest of the ingredients and helped my daughter finish mixing them, winding up with more flour on us than in the bowl. Rosie chatted endlessly about something her friend from day care had said. I only understood half of what she had said, but I nodded along and reacted accordingly.

I was distracted, today was Father's Day and Rosie and I were making Sherlock breakfast in bed. Sherlock and I had been dating for about six months now, but the topic of his role in Rosie's life had not been discussed since our relationship changed. This was going to be my way of asking him if he would like to be her parent.

We finished making the breakfast and silently walked down the hall to mine and Sherlock's room. I grabbed a manila envelope that I had safely tucked away on the end table next to my chair when I woke up this morning. We threw open the door to our room and Rosie raced in, jumping on the bed and giggling as Sherlock sprung up, looking sleepy and confused.

"John, what the f-"

"Sherlock, language." I warned, grinning as he registered the child that was now clinging to his neck.

"Well good morning, My Dear Watson." He pinched Rosie's cheeks and yawned sleepily, turning to look up at me, a confused grin on his face. "What is going on?" I chuckled and set the tray of food over his lap, slipping the envelope under the plate of waffles and fruit we had put together for him. I pressed a soft kiss against his lips and sat beside him, wrapping my arm around his shoulders and pulling him close.

"Open the envelope love." I whispered, feeling the nerves coil in my gut as he turned his attention to the paper in front of him. His deft fingers opened the flap and pulled out the paperwork. I could see tears starting to well in his eyes as he read. He turned to look at me, his lips quivering and tears filling his crystal eyes.

"John." He whispered, his voice cracking slightly as the weight of what he read hit him. I couldn't help the swell of emotion that filled my chest at the sight.

"Rosie has a question for you, don't you Bumble?" I ran my hand over the soft blonde curls, smiling encouragingly at my beautiful daughter. She grabbed Sherlock's cheeks, causing my lover to grin adoringly at her.

"Lock?" I loved that she had her own name for him.

"Yes, My Dear Watson?"

"Will you be my Father?" Sherlock made a sound that was somewhere between a sob and a laugh and wrapped the little girl in a tight hug. His grin filled me with a nearly unbearable amount of joy.

"Yes, I would love to be your Father, Sweetheart." He sniffled, his voice breaking with the force of the emotion. He pulled me into the hug and I couldn't help the tears that started to fall. I pressed kisses into Sherlock's unruly curls, enjoying the closeness of my little family.

"Happy Father's Day, Love." I whispered against his head. He leaned back and kissed me, I could taste the tears on his lips.

Once we all settled down, the three of us cuddled up and finished the waffles while Sherlock recited The Hobbit. He had learned the entire book after hearing Rosie giggling when I tried to do an impression of Smaug.

With the waffles finished, I got Rosie ready and sent her on her way to Harry's for the night. My sister had agreed to take her when I told her my plans for the day. When I got back to the bedroom, Sherlock had placed the tray on the floor and was sitting on the edge of the bed. I walked up to him and stood between his legs, taking his face in my hands and running my thumb over his bottom lip.

"I love you." I whispered, leaving down and pressing a kiss against his soft lips. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me close. We broke for air and he rested his forehead against my chest.

"I love you too." He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist and breathing deeply against me.

"I do have one more question for you."

"Hmm?"

"How would you feel about, maybe, not just becoming her guardian?" I felt the nerves returning. I hadn't been completely sure about asking this, but after seeing how he reacted to Rosie's question, I knew I wouldn't want it any other way. I could feel him tense against me. He looked up at me, his mouth was parted slightly in shock and his bottom lip was trembling. I took his face in my hands again and kissed him gently.

"John-"

"What do you say Love? Marry me?" I felt my throat thicken as I spoke those words. Sherlock inhaled shakily, looking rather uncertain. "What's wrong love?"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to marry me?" I kissed him again, my heart hurting at his question.

"Sherlock Bloody Holmes, you are by far, the most amazing, wonderful, idiotic man I have ever met. You are an amazing father to my daughter, and you have been the best, most attentive lover I have ever had. I would be proud to have you as my husband, if you will have me." I wiped the fresh tears that were falling from his eyes and kissed him again. He worried at his bottom lip for a moment before nodding, a grin pulling at his lips as he surged up and kissed me again, deeper this time. I sucked on his bottom lip for a moment before breaking the kiss and hugging my now-Fiancé tight.

I gasped as he gripped my waist and threw himself back onto the bed, dragging me along with him. We giggled and shifted so we were lying on the bed properly, facing each other and sharing languid kisses. 

We made love before going out for lunch, enjoying the slow burning passion that existed between us. 

Later that night, we invited all our friends and loved ones out to dinner at Angelo's. We shared our news and basked in the love of the people around us.