#46 | Sorry Sam (pt.2)

Start from the beginning

Not Colby.

{Colby's POV}

Stephanie and I argued the entire ride back to my apartment.

"Told you." I said.

"He was bound to find out eventually!" She shot back.

We both sighed, immediately regretting our decision to tell him.

"He looked so... So hurt." She said as I parked the car.

"Yeah. Almost as if..." I started, but stopped myself.

She looked at me, "Almost as if what?", she asked.

"Nothing. Come on, let's go talk to him." I shrugged it off and got out of my car.

"Sam?" My voice echoed through the apartment.

Nothing.

"Sammy?" Steph knocked on his door.

"Can we come in?" I said, opening the door anyway.

"I guess." Sam sat up.

We all sat still, casually trying to avoid the subject. "You okay?" Steph asked, looking down at her hands.

Sam nodded and stared directly at me. I could feel his eyes beaming a laser right through mine.

"We would've told you earlier... We just weren't sure how." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"You were scared?" Sam said, emotionless.

"Well-"

"Because if you were scared to tell me, then obviously you thought you were doing something wrong." He cut me off.

I opened my mouth to speak, but the only thing I could do was shake my head no.

"Because you're not..." He said, quietly.

"No, you're right. I felt guilty." I said, causing him to look up.

"Guilty?" He repeated. I could see Stephanie looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Guilty." I nodded. "I know you like her, Sam." I said, rubbing my temples with my head hung low towards my knees.

He stayed quiet. Stephanie looking between Sam and I, confused as hell.

"I knew how you felt about her but I was too scared to say anything. Sam, you're my best friend. I know everything about you. Your face said it all." I said, looking up at him again and waiting for him to blow up at us.

"Well, it's true." He looked at Stephanie. "I've liked her for a long, long time... And then you got her before I could even say anything."

Stephanie stayed quiet, looking away from Sam's glance.

"And I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry, but I don't regret it." I reached and held Steph's hand in mine, watching as Sam's eyes trailed towards it.

"Colby, you...You broke our promise." Sam's voice shrunk, barely audible to us.

We all sat quietly for what seemed like hours. My eyes wandered towards the ticking clock on Sam's wall. I could see Steph's vans tapping on the beige, carpeted floor.

The room reeked of impatience, guilt, and an endless amount of negative emotions.

"Sam, I-"

"Just forget about it." He cut me off.

"What do you mean forget-"

He cut me off, again.

"There's nothing we can do about it. I can't force anybody to love me, just like I can't force anybody to keep a promise." He stood up.

"Don't do that, Sam. That's not fair." I looked up, running a hand through my hair.

"Really, it's okay." He said, opening his door.

"You're crushed, dude." I furrowed my brows.

"I can't help it. It is how it is."

With that, he walked out of the room. Neither of us were brave enough to chase after him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn I left y'all waiting for pt. 2 for too long. 😭😭😂

Anyway, hope you liked it! Love you guys!

Don't worry, btw! I'm still working on all of your requests!❤️

Don't forget to vote and listen to the song!

~Ellie✌🏻