Veromani's engagement (44)

Start from the beginning

Memories crossed my mind, and I remembered the first time we met, I remembered everything we lived, and now, having to share her with someone else comforts me, I didn't feel worthy of so much love.

"Mani, I love you!" I said, already bursting into tears, as I hugged her.

"I love you too, Lauren!" She squeezed me even tighter in her arms, and we stayed in that tender moment for countless seconds. I didn't feel like moving. "But I want to know something." She said, pulling away.

"What?" I asked, arching my eyebrows.

"If you were going to give me a dress, why did you wait for me to try on almost every dress in Miami?" I laughed at the sight of Normani's furious expression.

"Because I know you, Normani Kordei, and with or without this dress, you'd try on almost every dress in Miami." I said and sat on the bed. "Now try it on for me." I said, and then the woman took care of putting it on.

"It's perfect, Lauren." Normani had a broad smile on her face as she admired herself in the mirror. "It's more beautiful than the others, and you know it, you shouldn't have let me waste so much time, I have so many things to do."

"You only think it's perfect because you've already tried on every possible dress in Miami, I know you, and you didn't waste that much time. And I already hired people to prepare everything in your house, and cancelled everything you had already asked for."

"Lauren, you what?!" She asked, startled.

"Trust me, Normani." I said, lighting a cigarette. "It was more than time for me to use my mother's money, I have so much money that I don't even know what to do with it, and besides, I know you're a bit short on it because you're paying the tuitions of your psychology classes."

"Lauren, it wasn't necessary, Vero wanted to pay, but I refused, I refused because she's already going to pay for the wedding, it was a deal."

"Normani, don't worry, okay? It's done." I took another drag on my cigarette and checked the time on my phone. "By this time, there must be people in your house already, enjoying Veromani's engagement party."

"Veromani?" She asked.

"Yes, the name of the person who tops comes first." I said, and then laughed.

"Oh my God, you're ridiculous, Lauren!" Normani laughed, and threw a pillow at me. "So yours and Camila's would be CAMREN?" She asked laughing, and I just rolled my eyes. "Well, I really need to get ready, I'm already late."

"Yes you are, little missy."

-----

After a few more time getting ready, we went straight to Normani's house. I had organized a huge party, didn't spare any penny with my friend. Obviously, it wasn't a fancy party, even because I wouldn't feel comfortable in an environment like that, but it was a complete party. Normani's engagement would be remembered for many months.

I parked next to the huge row of cars, got out, and opened the door for Normani to come out.

"You look beautiful!" I told her, and a broad smile graced her lips.

"We both look beautiful!" She corrected. I actually looked very beautiful, I decided to leave my usual style aside and opted for a tight navy blue dress, it was backless and short.

"Indeed!" I closed the door of my Volvo, and started walking towards Normani's house. "Is that Camila's car?"

"You didn't think she wouldn't come, did you?"

"No, I know, I just..." I took a deep breath three times. "It's just going to be hard." I smiled weakly at Normani, who hugged my waist.

"If you don't feel comfortable, you don't have to stay, Laur."