19 [edited]

Chapter 19: It's a lie

Soonyoung sunbaenim enters my house, his eyes roaming around. "It's pretty." He says, taking me off guard in this awkward atmosphere. "Your house, I mean." He quickly corrected himself, grinning sheepishly.

"Thanks." I laugh, gesturing the coach for him to sit so that we can talk comfortably. He sits down and for a moment, only the tv sound can be heard.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask, unable to bear the awkward silence anymore. Soonyoung sunbaenim isn't his usual cheeful self like usual, he looks... I don't know, timid?

He looks up to meet my eyes before heaving a deep breath. His hand goes inside his jacket pocket, fishing out something which is a small white box. He puts it on the table and slides it towards my direction.

"I-It's your birthday gift." He says, looking somewhere else. "Sorry if I'm late."

Mouth slightly open out of surprise, I take the box in my hands, a mixture of feelings rush into me. I'm surprised that he knows my birthday when we are just senior and junior in college, but I'm also thankful for his effort.

Opening it, I see a cute, pink phone chain. "Wow, this is so beautiful." I can't help from smiling at the sight. It's just too cute and totally my style.

"Do you like it?" I nod and my eyes is set on the gift once again, admiring it in awe. But then, a thought slips into my mind. Can I really accept this? Like I said before, our relationship is just between senior and junior, nothing more and nothing less. I don't think I can accept it. He may gives this to someone else. Someone he likes, maybe?

"I like it, but I don't think I can accept it." I slowly put it back to its place and close the box. "You should give it to someone else. Maybe a girl you like? I'm sure she will like it." I voice out my thought, hoping that he will get no wrong idea.

Soonyoung smiles, " It's you, dummy." He chuckles.

"Huh?" I think I heard him wrong.

He just shakes his head, his laughter eventually stopping, "I mean, it is for you so do accept it."

"Sure?" He nods and I gladly take it back, smiling sheepishly. "Thank you, Soon— I mean, Hoshi oppa."

He laughs. "Actually, I come here because—"

He stops talking as both of us turn our head to the bathroom, where the sudden sound of water running comes from.

"What's that?" Soonyoung sunbaenim asks, his brows furrowing and eyes narrowing to the bathroom door suspiciously.

Blood seems to stop flowing as my face goes pale. What in the world is Eunwoo doing in there? Is he purposely trying to get himself caught by Soonyoung sunbaenim???

"I'll go check it for you." Soonyoung sunbaenim says, standing up bravely but I block him before he can take another step. "No, it's okay. I'll just go and take a look myself. Don't worry, I think my shower is broken or something." What a good lie, not.

Scurrying to the bathroom, I open the door slightly, just enough for my body to slip in and send an assuring smile to Soonyoung sunbaenim before closing the door.

"Yah, what are you doing in here??" I whispered in a high pitch, glaring at Eunwoo who is standing in a shower, the water running down his bare torso and—

Wait.

Is he like showering for real? I shoot him an odd look and he just shrugs. "What? I'm bored and I want to do something.

Ignoring the sight of half-naked Eunwoo, I walk to him and turn off the shower. "Really, Eunwoo?He will catch you in here, idiot."

"Let him catch me. What can he do if he sees me here? He will just get a message to stop flirting with you and kick himself out." Eunwoo smirks evilly as he says that.

I scoff, turning my heels to walk away but stop to give him a warning. "Don't do anything stupid. He'll leave in a while so keep yourself quiet."

Eunwoo rolls his eyes in annoyance but I ignore it, exiting the bathroom in no time.

"Sorry for that, Hoshi oppa." He just smiles, muttering 'it's okay'.

"So, what are you saying just now?"

"Ah, actually, I—" He bites his lips, "I wanted to ask you out."

Huh?

"As in— a date?"

"Well, something like that." His eyes meet mine for a split of second and I can see hopes in it.

"Ahhhh." What should I say? Agree? Or not? A date won't hurt, right? So I answer with a smile and nod, "Sure, why not?"

God, why did I feel wrong after agreeing?

Soonyoung sunbaenim's face lit up with the biggest grin. "Really? I'll text you the place and time. See you tomorrow then." He stands up from the couch and ruffles my hair playfully. "Thank you. You are making me fall harder, you know?" He mumbles out with a smile.

After sending Soonyoung sunbaenim out, Eunwoo is already back on the couch, still half-naked with just a towel hanging around his neck. He eats the ddeokbeokki that Soonyoung sunbaenim brought with an innocent face on, watching the television like it's the most interesting the world.

"Yah Lee Dong Min, I think you are getting too comfortable around me. Wear a shirt, will you?" He doesn't reply, nor does he gets up to grab a shirt or something.

Well, at least he has changed his pants or else I'm gonna kill him for making my couch wet.

Sighing, I sit down beside him on the couch and watch the television like usual. I don't want to fight with Eunwoo just because of a trivia matter so I decide not to probe it further. It's not my loss, anyway.

"You have to do something, Lee Dong Min." Eunwoo mumbles, breaking the silence and I shoot him a questioning look.

Ignoring the look I give, he mumbles again, "You have to stop her from falling in love with that flirt. That's your mission."

I can't hear what he's saying but I'm pretty sure I see a look of determination in his eyes.