Chapter Nineteen

Jamie got back to her hotel and took out her laptop, she signed into her email and re read the last email she got from Red.  She emailed him back:

Are you in Miami?

she stared at the screen for five minutes before getting up and heading to the bathroom to take a shower. She came out to find not one email but two new emails from Red.

Im in Miami a lot.

Where are you, lets talk. Are you hungry?

Jamie could barely allow herself to breath. Why does it seem every single time she was getting her life together, it got even more complicated what was happening why was her ex boyfriend who had caused to currently be in therapy emailing her. What are the chances that he was also in Miami.

I'm not hungry but you do owe me and explanation and an apology. I can be ready at six. Im staying at The Hotel on the strip.

I will be downstairs at six.

X yours truly Red 

Jamie stood frozen in her towel, her hair was still wet and she was beyond confused. She suddenly had nothing to wear, what does a person wear to see their exboyfriend? She decided to call Simon, but he didn't pick up she figured he was busy handling the restaurant. She was rummaging through her suitcase when her cell phone rang without even looking at it she grabbed it and answered it almost out of breath.

"Simon you wouldn't believe who is in Miami" Jamie said matter of factly 

"Who is in Miami" Hector responded calmly

"oh fucking hell" Jamie said out loud she almost threw her phone away.

"Miss Stone I've been calling you for days. What the hell is going on"

"Hector I'm dealing with a lot right now and I really just need some time alone and I can't even have this conversation right now"

"So let me get this straight, we start fucking around and you run away"?

"First of all DOCTOR!! you're not suppose to sleep with your patients but you did. Im an emotional disaster I could sue you for taking advantage of me in a very delicate state" Jamie said this trying her hardest to sound serious

"If anyone took advantage of anyone it was you taking advantage of me.  Where are you Jamie I'm concerned"

"Im in Miami Hector"

"Why, You have a business to run"

"My business can run itself for two weeks, maybe three and quite possibly four"

"Jamie would you please consider coming home sooner ....................  I miss you"

"Babe why can't you just let me do this"

"I'm selfish, I think you can work it out here"

"I'll be back in two weeks"