Chapter Twenty Four

•◇•
"I've Been Static For Too Long"
◇•

The moon had changed.

Whole to a half, half to a whole.

Leafbare would be over soon.

In the moon of Sablepaw's death, nothing had happened. No deaths, no excitement.

Deerpaw and Fishpaw had become warriors though, Deerwish and Fishfang respectively.

Minkfoot had kitted, they were two grey tabby, healthy toms. She had named them Murkkit and Eveningkit.

They were gorgeous.

Dawnclaw sighed softly as Coyotepaw walked away from her. She had been talking to her kits, and her mate, making sure they were all okay. Everyone was talking.

And it was good.

Now that they were all talking, no one was breaking alone. Everyone cared for each other. And looked after each other. No one's emotions were going overlooked, no one was emotionally neglected.

Things were as okay as they could be.

Dawnclaw was alone in the moonlight.

It was serene, and tranquil. Just lonesome, and darkness.

She was at peace, within herself, for a minute or two.
She missed Pinetuft's scent.
She missed the feel of his fur.
The lap of his tongue.

She was lucky to have him. He didn't abandon her after finding out of her neglect. She knew he had considered it though.
Who wouldn't?
Was it bad that she would've left him, if the positions had been reversed?
Yes. It was terrible.

But she was becoming a better cat.
At least she hoped.
She wanted so badly to be that better cat.

Her body felt heavy, like it was filled with lead. She was sinking into a state of extreme sleepiness, she felt weighed down and welcome.

It was only when she saw eyes refracting light when she realised that she was being watched.

She tried to scream, but she felt sluggish, and immobile, paralyzed.

She couldn't move. She couldn't scream.

She fell asleep.

______________________________

A/N:
Splitting the dramatic chapter in two for dramatic effect. The next chapter is when it really gets exciting.

Pro writer over here.

Fact Of The Chapter: Yeah, I think I said in like the first chapter that Dawnclaw was Biromantic heterosexual or something, but I've decided she's just hetero. She just seems very straight to me.