Ayato X Reiji (Fluff)

A/N - You know me :-) I'm all about crazy ships. I like this one but it is only fluff. And it's short but I just want to update in school. Hope you enjoy peeps!

"Mother, won't you please let me play for once?" The small red-headed boy pleaded.
"You must go back inside and study. You need to be the best."
"I can study later. Please let me play with Kanato and Laito." His eyes shifted to behind his mother where his brothers were catching bats.  His thought was regained when he felt a sharp pain on his cheek and he fell to the floor on impact.
"You insolent little brat. How dare you speak against me?" He was smacked on the head again by his mother, harder this time.
"I want to play!" Tears rolled down his small cheeks and down onto the soil. "Please Mother. Please let me play for just one day."
"How could you Ayato? I've done everything for you, I've fed you and clothed you for years and this is how you repay me? You rude child. I've had enough of your ungratefulness. Guards! Take this child away and make sure he learns his lesson!" Ayato screamed as he was dragged away, but there was nothing he could do to stop them...

"..ato! Ayato! Wake up!" Reiji yelled softly at his younger brother.
"No! I want to play! Mother!" Ayato shouted back loudly, still in his dream.
"AYATO!" A sharp shake on the shoulder woke  Ayato and he bolted upright in his bed, screaming, panting and pulling at his hair.
"Ayato... Calm down."
"Mother... She... I just..."
"I know. I know... Just calm down, otherwise Kanato will wake up and God knows what kind of havoc he will make if he's the only one awake."

Ayato lay back down in his bed and turned his back on Reiji so he couldn't see him cry, but Reiji sensed it anyway.
"There's no need to cry Ayato. She's gone. She won't come back and hurt you again."
"She still haunts my dreams. She will never be truly gone. I can't take it any more Reiji. Please help me." Ayato turned back, a streak of moonlight hit his face and Reiji saw how much this was hurting him. What should have been sparkling young eyes were now lifeless and tired, his pale complexion streaked with new and old tears, his smooth lips cracked.

"Ayato..." Reiji whispered. He knew how his brother felt. For a long time after his mother's death, he would constantly feel her presence all around him.
"Stay with me?"
"Of course Ayato. Move over a little." Ayato shifted over just enough so Reiji could lie down next to him.  "I promise that I will do everything that I can to help you clear your mind of her, starting from now."
Ayato's eyes widened at what he was feeling, a cold pair of lips on his forehead.
"R-Reiji?" Ayato squeaked, getting slightly weirded out. Reiji had never shown much affection to his brother until now.
"Shhh... Close your eyes Ayato. Try and go back to sleep. I'll protect you from anyone who tries to harm you."

This was the unseen side of Reiji. Hidden under his strict and hard exterior, he was truly a kind and loving big brother who cared so much about his brothers.
"Thank you Reiji."
"Don't worry about it. I love you."
"I love you too..." Ayato closed his eyes again, and went closer to Reiji, resting his head on his chest. Reiji stayed awake and protected his brother, just as he said he would...