Chapter 5: Looks Like I Got Me a Friend

Also a very good song. I'm surprised no one's made a video of this yet.
Gif just fit too freaking perfect to pass up!
Summary: On the way home, Merlin and Arthur become friends.

     The morning following Merlin and Arthur's argument, as well as Karayan finally starting to go mad, the pair woke up to find, to their surprise, a familiar landscape.
     "Arthur, look!" Merlin said, pointing ahead. "Isn't it beautiful?"
     "Oh...yea...um...well I mean it looks better than a bunch of bandits or killer sharks."
     "It's the beginnings of home." Merlin elaborated. "These islands are in the very same sea as Paradise! If we hurry, we can be home in a few days!"
     "Well, let's go."
     With that, the two continued their journey. After travelling across the ocean for three days, they found themselves on a deserted island, starving. They began to look for food, finding themselves facing another large group of bandits. They made it, just barely.
     "Are you crazy, Merlin? You could've killed me!"
     "You dollophead, you wouldn't have survived that last attack without my help!"
     "You're insane! I could've lost you! And I couldn't lose my best friend."
     "Best friend? Me?"
     "What? Uh...I didn't say that! Get outta my face, you idiot!"
      "Don't deny it, you clotpole! You like me!"
     "I don't like anybody-"
     "Yes, you do! And I knew it all along!" Merlin couldn't help but grin as he said, "So I guess this means we're finally getting over our differences?" Arthur groaned as Merlin began to sing:

Look how we get along together
I think it's great the way we blend
You've tried to be as tough as leather
But now I see that's just pretend
We'll find our way through stormy weather
Just you and me right to the end, hey, buddy!
Looks like we're two birds of a feather
And, gee, it looks like I got me a friend
Now you go
Take it, Arthur!

      At this, Merlin cracked a joke to make Arthur join him in song. "Hey, Arthur, what do you call a flower before it opens?"
     "A bud."
     "I love it when you call me bud!" Arthur groaned.

Look how we get along together
You are incredibly annoying
I think it's great the way we blend
You're like a bone stuck in my throat
You've tried to be as tough as leather
This isn't something I'm enjoying
But now I see that's just pretend
I should've left you on that boat!
We'll find our way through stormy weather
You want a friend?
Go find a snail
Just you and me right to the end, hey buddy!
Or better yet, a killer whale!
Looks like we're two birds of a feather
Don't call me buddy!
And, gee, it looks like I got me a friend!
Not me!
Now you try!
Take it, Arthur!

     Once again, Merlin cracked a joke. "Hey, Arthur, I caught you a haring but where should I put it?"
     "Put it there!" Arthur extended his hand.
     "Put it there? Aw right!" Merlin took Arthur's hand, shaking it.
     "Stop it!"
     This time, Arthur started to sing:

When you're a rebel
You're a rebel
If you like me
Just admit it
You don't go finding friends to like
Alright, I'm gonna hold my breath!
Why don't you pack your precious gifts?
And take yourself a healthy hike?
Y'know you're gonna cause my death!
They don't have magic or romance up in Heaven
It's getting dark
Why don't you go and start a trend?
Goodbye, Arthur!

     When Merlin pretended to die, Arthur yelled at him to stop being stupid. Finally, Merlin convinced him to reveal the truth. "Say it!"

Alright then!
I kinda sorta maybe you know...
You mean you like me?
A little
You mean it?
Don't push it!
Oh looks like I got me a friend!

     "We better get going." Merlin said, after the song ended.
     "Yea before you get us in more trouble, idiot!" Arthur added fondly.
     "So I guess this means there's no chance that we could have a hug?" Merlin joked. Arthur then turned around and began to chase him. (See above gif.)
     After that, the two decided to continue their journey. As they did, Arthur convinced Merlin that, in the end, he would have to fight for Rose. The question was, would he be up to the challenge?
     Arthur taught Merlin everything he needed to know about fighting, including sword-fighting, unarmed combat, how to better control his magic, etc. As the lessons progressed, Merlin grew better at them. Merlin seemed to understand what he was doing. He loved Rose and he would fight for her....no matter the cost. Little did he know, Karayan was already putting things in motion to be sure Rose would be his queen...no matter what it took.

To be continued...