The Royal Family

PRIM'S POV-

     "Here you are Princess Dragomir, please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with." said some newer Royal Guardian I didn't know as he let us into my room, I knew there would be Guardians littering the hallways at all times considering all that had happened with strigoi lately.

    "I will, that will be all for now though, thank you." I said, meeting his eyes as he left, dismissed by the Princess, me. My royal mask had fallen on so easily as soon as we'd gotten here and I could feel Illiana's slight discomfort and awe. She'd never known the royal me.

     I turned to her now. "Welcome to my room." I said, doing a grand sweeping gesture with my hands. The room was pretty grand, though it wasn't the nice and orderly set up you would expect of the Queen's daughter. While nice things were all over the room it was definitely lived in. The bed wasn't made, the blankets pushed back and scrunched up from whenever I'd been here last. There were papers and a book open on my desk, there were clothes on the floor next to the full hamper, and the large closet doors were open showing some more clothes on the floor in there.

     It was one of my rules, that no one was allowed to touch my room but me. Something my mother hadn't liked, she didn't understand why I couldn't let the palace housing clean my room and do my laundry. My father had taken my side though and argued for my cause, saying that it was my private space and as a teenager I should have at least one space that was mine and mine alone. We'd won the argument, so every time I left and came back to court my room was exactly as I'd left it.

    "Wow. I wasn't expecting it to feel so... Well, you. I mean it's nice and amazing and way better than either of our rooms at the academy, but its.... It's your room, it feels less royal than the less of the palace." Illiana said after a moment.

     I smiled. "That's what I was going for."

     "So what's the plan for today again?" Illiana asked as she moved towards the smaller bed that was made and had obviously been brought in for her. There was a small dresser too next to the bed, something I hadn't asked for but was a nice touch. We'd be here for a week and all the weekend as well. Illiana began unpacking her things. I just threw my smaller bag on my bed, I hadn't brought as much since I obviously had most of what I needed here as well.

     "We have dinner with my parents and brother tonight, don't make that face it'll be great, and then tomorrow's a free day and the next few days I'll probably have  some meals I'll have to go to and some events. I'm sure I'll be forced to talk to some royals and some unassigned Guardians who are hoping I'll ask for them as my own once I graduate." I told her and she let out a huff.

     "I can handle royal functions, I think... But I don't know if I'm royal enough for a dinner with the Queen..." she said, and I saw the genuine nervousness on her face.

     "Don't worry. My moms like one of the least royal people I know, believe me. You've only seen her in Queen mode, she'll be in mom mode at dinner I promise."

     She nervously smiled. "We'll see how it goes I guess."

     I nodded. "Hey, Katie's been here a bunch of times with me. Like I said too, she'll be in mom mode." 

     Katie began to unpack her bag and we looked for an outfit for her to wear tonight.

     For the first time I almost wasn't thinking of Mason Belikov.

---

Mason's POV

     Something was going on. Not something major, at least that's what everyone was saying. They weren't releasing the details about it though, which made me think it was just that. Urgent.