And She Returns...

A/N: Someone asked for an Eddie's POV chapter of Jill being restored, so here you go! Sorry for not updating lately, I'm having real trouble with writer's block in this story... My schedule is a lot less busy now though, so hopefully I can get back into writing and finish this story and start the 3rd book in this series (which focuses on Zoey & Mallory Ivashkov!) But anywho, here's Eddie's version of Jill being restored.

EDDIE'S POV-

We were going to lose. Even if we won, we were going to lose. People would be lost.

There were too many strigoi, and they had gotten Mason. Little Mason Belikov, who I'd watched grow up. The wild little spitfire, who always seemed angry at the world. The kid who hadn't even learned how to love himself yet. And today could be his last day alive.

I'd already given up before, and I might've given up again now if it wasn't for her.

If it wasn't for Jill, standing in the midst of the Strigoi, her eyes tinted with red. She looked exactly the same as she had when we'd lost her. When I'd lost her.

If I could get her back, if Vasilisa could get to her and restore her. I could live again.

My thoughts were so selfish it made me sick, but I'd been gone for so long, dead inside, that I couldn't even care. My only thoughts were self-preservation. Getting back the girl I couldn't live without.

I'd been right. She hadn't died during the Buria Battle. Everyone had told me I was crazy, that she had died. But I'd known the body we'd buried hadn't been hers. No one had believed me. They did now.

My eyes swept the battlefield, noting that Prim had frozen next to her father, her eyes glassy. A look I knew. A look I remembered. The look Rose used to get when we were both novices, when she'd been shadow-kissed. When she'd been bonded to Lissa and was looking into Lissa's mind.

Bonded. Prim and Mason were bonded.

I started making my way over to Prim and Christian, but right as I did Prim seemed to snap out of it. I watched as she ran backwards, she seemed to know where she was going. She was coming straight past me.

I watched as Dimitri tried to grab her, and narrowly missed her. His scream reached me "Eddie, stop Primrose!"

Her blue eyes met mine, hers wild and full of adrenaline. I made no move to intercept her as she flew past me, fast for a moroi.

It was pure luck at this point that a strigoi hadn't singled me out, as I stood motionless, completely still, too absorbed in what Primrose was doing. Like Mason, I'd known her since she was born. Unlike his restless and wild attitude though, she'd always been calm and calculated for the most part. Not today though, by any means.

I watched as a steely resolution crossed her ice blue eyes, and flames seem to spark in them as she lifted her hands and let out deep blue flames, causing a gap to form right in the middle of the fighting. I heard gasps and shocked intakes of breath at the column of flame splitting up the fighting.

Christian couldn't even wield his flames like this. It took me a moment to understand how Prim was. Mason, she was taking energy from Mason somehow. Their bond must be strong, stronger than any bond most likely considering the kind of power Mason held.

The flames did not slow as they hit their target. Jill.

I opened my mouth to make some kind of noise, some desperate plea for Prim to stop, to spare Jill, but before I could Mason was there next to her. He reach out, putting his hands on her arms and I watched as visible spirit magic joined Prim's flames.