Escape

PRIM'S POV-

"I'm going along, it's final. Someone needs to restore her! There are no spirit users anywhere close to the location Clarisse gave us except me and Adrian, and since Adrian's on mood stabilizers his magics out of commission. So I have to go. I want to go." my mother's green eyes held a rage that I knew better than to argue with. Some of the royal guardians apparently didn't though.

"Your highness, it isn't safe! We can get a different spirit user to do it!" said a guardian named Meredith, who was basically my mothers second best guardian after Rose of course.

I allowed myself to cast a glance across the long table at Eddie. He'd came directly here after he'd heard the news, and he looked more alive than I'd ever seen him. This was an Eddie I'd never known, Jill had died when I was very young. This Eddie was a completely new person.

I couldn't wait to see how he was after she was restored. After Jillian Mastrano Dragomir, the true Dragomir Princess, came back from the dead.

For some people, having their title stripped away would bother them but for me I was just happy. The look on my mothers face, and Eddie's, and just everyone's was worth it. Jill had seen me when I'd been born, there was even a picture of her with me, but I'd never met her once I was old enough to remember. I wanted to meet my aunt.

I looked at my father, sitting next to my mother with Teddy in his lap, my two year old brother. Teddy had light brown hair and my mothers green eyes, and was a very handsome two year old with our fathers attitude.

"I'm going too." my father said, and that was when I decided to state my case. Rose gave me a warning glance as I stood up, but I ignored her. Dimitri thankfully wasn't here right now, he was off somewhere talking to Mason, because I don't think I could handle trying to argue with Dimitri.

"I want to come." the words were barely out of my mouth before the protests arose.

"Absolutely not!" My mother said, her tone shocked. "Prim, you can't seriously expect us to let you come? You haven't even graduated school yet!"

"Are you telling me Mason's going to stay home too? He hasn't graduated either." I tried to keep my tone light, but it was hard.

I saw all the adults look around at one another. Finally Rose spoke up.

"We're not letting Mason come either, Prim. He's still so worn out from all the magic he used restoring Clarisse, and you're right: he hasn't graduated either."

"I know you aren't just going to let him go. But he's your son, you think he isn't going to sneak out after you guys?"

"Dimitri is taking care of that right now, so he can't sneak out." My father spoke up, Teddy looking at me with his green eyes without a care in the world. He was so lucky he was too young to understand what was going on. "In fact, Prim, why don't you go hang out with Katie or some other friends, or go do something? This isn't something you should be worried about. Your Mother and I will find you before we go."

I swallowed down my retort, forcing myself to be calm. I knew arguing at this point wouldn't work. I left the room, but not to find Katie.

I went to find Mason.

-

"You want to do what?" Mason asked me after I'd found him.

"I want to go help restore Jill. You seriously don't have a plan?" I asked, giving him a look.