Grand Theft Auto... Again.

MASON'S POV-

   When I woke up there was sun streaming through the window. That had to be a good thing, right?

   My mind was fuzzy, and I couldn't remember any exact details from yesterday, or last night, or whatever I wanted to call it. That could just be me being sleep deprived though. Or it could be me using too much spirit magic and having my blood drained. Or both.

   I sat up and my fuzzy mind immediately protested, along with my muscles, but I ignored them both. There was a dresser opposite the bed with a mirror, where I saw that I looked like shit for the most part. There was blood smeared on my neck and I was full of dirt, and my eyes had bags around them.

   I forced myself off the bed and into the living room where Prim was sleeping while sitting up on the couch, there was a bowl of popcorn next to here and the tv was on the menu for a movie she must've been watching.

   I turned, looking into the kitchen that was connected to the small living room where Landon was.

   "Hey, Mason. You have a lot of explaining to do. And don't worry, Blondie is fine. I don't think she meant to fall asleep but she seemed pretty exhausted." Landon said, his usual go with the flow attitude still intact.

   "What happened when I was out?" I asked, wanted to cringe at how badly I sounded.

   Landon got one of his goofy, I know something you don't, smiles on his face. "The warden from your boarding school stopped by. The hot one, with the raging green eyes and messy blonde hair. Don't worry I turned her away."

   "The warden... From our boarding school?" I asked, and then it hit me that his description matched Zoey. "Zoey stopped by? What did she say!" I tried to keep the anger out of my voice, and was actually pretty successful which meant the spirit darkness wasn't getting to me yet.

   "Just that she was looking for two teenage runaways. And that there might be a reward for anyone who turned them in, it sounds like your parents are loaded... Or at least that's the vibe I was getting. Did you get tired of your nice little soft life at your school, kid? Decide to runaway?" Landon said, taunting me. He obviously knew I'd lied about being older.

   I ignored the taunts, another sign that the spirit darkness hadn't hit me yet. "We didn't run for it because we were bored, there's more reasoning behind it than that." I told him, looking back over to Prim who looked delicate while she slept. Except for the fact that she was basically as dirty as I was. We both needed to be cleaned up.

   Looking back to Landon I asked. "Mind if I use your shower quick? I might as well do it now since she's asleep. And did you happen to see where she put her bag?" I added, hoping she might've thought to grab me some extra clothes as well. I had saw that she'd had a backpack when we'd ran for it.

   "Yeah go ahead, and her bags next to the couch over there." Landon told me. I strode over, grabbing her bag off the floor and was pleasantry surprised to see that she grabbed me a jacket, a plain t-shirt, and a pair of jeans from my room. Someone must've helped her get in because I usually kept my dorm room locked up pretty tightly, being that I didn't have to share a room with anyone.

   I pulled out my clothes, setting the bag back down, and heading into the bathroom and getting into the shower right away, not caring that the water hadn't warmed up yet.

   It took me all of five minutes to shower, where I quickly got dressed and heading back out into the living room where Prim was now awake... And glaring at me.