Jealousy

6 years later
PRIMROSE POV

I walked down the crowded hallway, trying to get to my next class.

"Prim!" Someone shouted, and I turned around.

It was Katie Voda, my best friend.

"Hey Katie." I said as she settled her stride to match mine and we walked down the hallway together.

"There's hot stuff." Katie said with a nervous giggle as we walked down the hall and rounded a corner, and there he was.

Mason Belikov.

He was walking with Illiana Ivashkov (very distant relative of Adrians) one of the decent royals (as far as attitudes went). She was also very pretty and rumor had it that they were dating.

"What I would give to see him shirtless!" Katie said dreamily and I glared at her.

"I know it's weird, Prim, because you guys were childhood friends but he is just dreamy!" She declared and I sighed. She would never give up this obsession with Mason.

It was ok though, she'd probably never get her hands on him. Half the girls in the school thought he was just the perfect guy.

To be fair to Mason though, he was remarkably good looking. He had his mothers hair, it was unruly curls that were dark brown, almost black. He had brown eyes like both his parents.

He was tall, but not quite as tall, as his father. And he had a lean, but well muscled body and a voice like honey. Ok, maybe he was a pretty perfect guy.

But he only ever hung out with Illiana and he didn't even seem like he liked her enough to date her.

"C'mon, we've got to go." I told her, dragging her along the hallways.

She gave a small huff. "I wish I specialized in fire. That way I could be in your magic class." She said.

"Your earth magics cool." I said.

"You know what else I wish?" She asked and I waited for her answer even though I already knew what it would be.

"I wish my parents would sign the permission slip for me to take the offensive magic class." She said giving me a longing look.

After much protest and debate, my father (with my mothers help obviously) had gotten a class at all academies for Moroi who wanted to use there magic offensively. It required parent permission though.

I of course, being his daughter, took the class. I was pretty good with my fire magic too.

My classes flew by and being that it was a Friday night, and I was the Dragomir Princess I got quite a few party invites.

Me and Katie weren't in the super popular group (that group consisted mainly of Illiana Ivashkov, James Conta, Hannah Szelsky and a few others. And a handful of select dhampirs.)

But me and Katie did get enough invitations on the weekends for us to have a selection.

In the end, we decided to go to Joseph Drozdov's party. It was promised that he would have beer, which I didn't really care for but Katie did and it was always funny seeing her drunk.

I immediately regretting choosing that party though when we got there.

Mason and Illiana were having a pretty hard core make-out session on the couch.

People were ignoring them for the most part, everyone was drinking and having a good time, but my eyes couldn't leave them on the couch.

Well, this confirmed it. They were dating.