Chapter One: The Frog Brothers

The cool air laid on the girl's shoulders like a blanket, making her shiver. She pulled the thin jacket closer to her body as she kept walking, looking for an escape.

Shiloh Grey had finally left the hell hole, 'Heaven's Harbor' less than three hours ago. The abhorrent, God forsaken place that she used to call home. Shiloh never liked living there, in fact, she hated that place with a passion, and she never understood why the place even had the word heaven in its name. Shiloh had to leave the orphanage because she had met the age limit. Now she was walking to find her own piece of heaven, and never looking back.

"That place was a living hell." she whispered to herself.

Shiloh had to stop for a moments rest. She then soon began to reminisce about the family she once had and loved. Her father had been a cop, working hard and made sure to bring justice to those who have done wrong. But one tragic day, a robbery took place at a gas station, her father was the only one on scene and took three bullets to the chest. She was only four when he died, and remembers very little about him.

Shiloh's mother, Diana, happens to be a different story. She remembers her being caring and gentle. She also remembers how her mother held her when she cried and danced with her in the kitchen to Elvis Presley's Jailhouse Rock. But soon, Diana became sick and died of cancer. Shiloh was eleven when her mother passed away, and since she had no known living relatives, she was placed into foster care.

While thinking of her mom she hadn't realized that it was getting dark outside, and soon began walking again.

Shiloh finally came upon a sign. "Welcome to Santa Carla," it read. She walked past the sign kicking rocks on her way. Shiloh tightens the straps of her backpack and kept walking, never looking back at the warning that was sprayed on the back.

'Murder Capital of the World'

If only she knew what troubles Santa Carla holds.

-------------------------------------

Shiloh was finally in the heart of Santa Carla. People were out walking around enjoying themselves. Some were going into shops buying things, or line up to ride the Ferris wheel.

Shiloh had stopped and looked around her eyes were filled with amazement, she almost looked like a kid in a candy store. While growing up in an orphanage, she never experienced a place like this.

Shiloh heard a snort behind her. " I'm taking it that you're new here?"

Shiloh turned to the rasped voice. She examined the boy in front of her, he had dirty blonde hair that almost looked brown, he had some kind of cloth wrapped around his head making him look like Rambo, and in his hands, he held two chili cheese dogs.

"What gave me away?"

The boy's eyes turned hard. "You looked like you were going to pee yourself in excitement."

Shiloh shrugged her shoulders.

"Well then, I guess welcome to Santa Carla." Rambo turned around and began walking off.

"Wait!"

"Look," he turned around so fast he spilled some chili on the concert. "Santa Carla is not a place for a girl like you, so if I were you, I'd turn back around and go back wherever you came from."

Shiloh's voice was beginning to crack. "I can't go back."

"Yes you can, it's not that hard."

"Actually it's harder than you think because you see both my parents are dead, and I reached my age limit for the orphanage. So no, I can't go back, because I have nothing to go back too."