“You think I haven’t thought about that? Katie, I’ve been thinking about this since even BEFORE I called your family. But what I can’t understand is why we need to think about this now? Why can’t you just be happy and make the most of our time left together?” Will said his voice rising.

“Why? So it can hurt MORE when we do have to say goodbye? So this will be even WORSE when I leave. Will, we aren’t going to be able to see each other unless we are both on a break from school and if both of our families agree. That means we’d see each other MAYBE twice a year IF that. Will, how the hell am I supposed to believe that you’ll still feel the same about me when we don’t see each other?! Sure, there’s Skype, but we BOTH know that it’s not the same. Plus, you’ll be walking around your school, and do you REALLY believe that all of the girls at school won’t try anything? Let’s be honest with ourselves. We BOTH know that things happen and I don’t think I’ll be able to handle it. I really don’t.”

“GOD DAMMIT, KATIE-ANNE! I LOVE YOU! I’m not saying that this will be easy, but I’m gonna try like hell. I’m willing to do anything it takes to keep this! I don’t want to lose you! But apparently, that isn’t enough for you.” 

I drew in a quick and ragged breath. That was like being slapped across the face, but I couldn’t even bring myself to say anything.

“I’m standing here and telling you I’ll go to the ends of the earth to keep what we have, but you’re telling me that ‘you can’t handle it.’ Well, that’s just selfish. The Katie-Anne that I fell in love with wouldn’t be standing in front of me telling me that she can’t handle being with me.”

At this point, I lost my silence. I spoke with as much venom and and hostility, while still keeping my voice down.

“Now you wait one God damn minute, Tucker. I NEVER said I couldn’t handle being with you. I said that I couldn’t handle the stress of a long distance relationship. The two are very different. And if you THINK that you can turn this on me, then you are dead wrong. This is NOBODY’S fault. Not yours and not mine. And I AM willing to try, but so help me, I am only human. I’m going to be stressed, I’m going to blow up. I can’t be the strong one all the time. I will not be quiet when I am hurting. I will not stand on the sidelines. I will not spend countless hours sitting at home wondering if the girls around here are respecting that you have a girlfriend, and wondering whether or not YOU even remember that you have a girlfriend.”

“Are you saying that I’m the kind of guy that would CHEAT ON YOU?! I may be many things, but I am NOT a cheater. And why would you even think that about me?! HONESTLY, Katie-Anne! You’re being stupid.”

That did it. 

“STUPID? I’m being stupid because I’m upset that I have to leave? Ya know what? Fine. I guess I’m stupid.”

I headed for the door as fast as I could, tears pouring down my face. I was almost there when Will grabbed my arm, and yelled:

“KATIE!”

SMACK!

I froze. I looked in horror at my red and tingling hand. I lifted my gaze to Will’s stunned expression.

On his face was a mark, a big, bright, red mark, confirming my fears.

I had hit Will. I had HIT him.

I sank to the ground and started trembling and crying. I had never hit anyone in my entire life.

“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.” I whispered over and over. “I don’t know what happened. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.”

Will didn’t say anything. He sat down in the opposite corner of the barn, staring at me. I continued to apologize and cry and rock back and forth and hug my knees to my chest.

After a while, I quit apologizing, but kept rocking back and forth and crying.

About 15 minutes passed and we hadn’t said a word to each other. 

Staring at my feet, I whispered “I hit you.”

I looked at Will, his face was expressionless.

“I’m so sorry, Will. I never wanted to- I never dreamed I’d- I’m so sorry.”

Will got up, still not saying anything. He walked toward me, his face still blank. He stopped right in front of me and sat down.

He tool my hand in his, and sat there staring at it for a while.

“I love you.”

My head snapped up.

“What?” I whispered.

Will looked into my eyes.

“I love you.” he repeated, his eyes burning into mine, a soft smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

“But I-”

“Hit me.” he shrugged. “You hit me, and I deserved it. I was being an ass.”

“No, no, no! I was the one being an ass. I’m so sorry. I really don’t know what happened.”

“You lost your temper. Everyone does. I’d be worried if you didn’t get mad at me. We have been dating for 3 months.” he smiled.

I was still feeling guilty, so I apologized again.

“Will, I still shouldn’t have hit you. can you forgive me?”

“Katie,” he said pulling my close, “you were forgiven as soon as your hand left my face.”

I allowed myself to slightly smile.

Will pulled me into his lap, and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Will you promise me something, though?” Will said, humor lacing through his voice.

“Yes, of course. What is it?”

“Can we make up a safe word for when you get pissed so I know that you’re about to swing?”

I chuckled. “Sure.”

He grinned and kissed my forehead.

“I love you.” 

“I love you too.” I replied, squeezing him tightly.

I WILL figure out a way to stay with Will. There is no avoiding it. I will fight my damndest to stay with him.

And I knew it too. There was no way in hell I was going to go down without a fight.

**End Of Chapter**

A/N: Hey, guys!!!!!!! I’m so sorry I’ve taken so long to update!!!!! This time, I have no excuse other than I’m lazy. Anyway, What do you think??!?!?! How do you think Katie and Will will work out their problems?? Let me know!!! :)

OH! And I would really appreciate if one of my readers made a cover for my story!!! Message me if you have one, and we’ll work out the details later!

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!! :) <3 XOXOXOX