Chapter 33 - Return of a spider

Start from the beginning

Her face turned sad.

"Don't worry about it, you'll have a family again in no time", I tried to comfort her.
It took me only one line of Aristasia to realise my mistake.

"Then, Husband, you'll help me right? That's the duty of a man after all! But, I hope you're in peak condition, I want lots of kinsmen, all right?"

While saying that, she moved her hand to her chest, clearly to unbutton the small, leather vest she was wearing. Seeing that, I flashed forward in a panic and grabbed her hand.

"Aristasia, please don't"

"Why not? Is it because of the other guy? I can just kill him you know, no worries", she replied with a smile on her face.

"Don't do that either"

"Mmmm~ Husband, why are you so difficult to understand?"

"Just... just don't move and do as I say", I said with a tired voice.

"Hehehehe, trying to dominate me, huh? You don't need to do it in such a rounda-"

"Aristasia, stop joking! I need your help, so shut up and answer my questions!", I lashed out.

She seemed a bit taken aback by my approach, but finally did as she was told.

"Fine. Hiruyis, this is Spider Queen Aristasia. Aristasia, Bajang Prince Hiruyis", I introduced them.

They merely nodded since they didn't know each other.

"Aristasia, first question. Why do you keep calling me your husband? When did we get married?"

"Husband, don't tell me you forgot?! I bit you and transferred a part of my soul to you and as such completed our wedding ceremony! How can you forget?! It was so beautiful, so romantic, so-"

The rest of her enthusiastic talks didn't reach me anymore. The hell? How can we be married? Shouldn't there have been some sort of notification, like with Maria?

"Aristasia, how can we be married, it isn't even said so on my [Status]"

"Since you haven't received the blessing of the Spider God, you haven't been fully recognised as the Spider King. But take a look at your Title..."

Surprised at her remark, I opened my [Status].

"What now?"

"Hehehe~, husband, you're so silly. You're this strong and you don't even know basic stuff like this? You just have to press it!"

Aristasia seemed rather pleased by showing off her knowledge to me. I couldn't help but think her behaviour looked like Maria's when she got hold of her favourite skewered meat.

Ignoring her for now, I pressed the [Spider King] Title. Immediately after, a screen with extra information appeared.

{Spider King:

Title given to the person acknowledged by the Spider Queen and is equal to a marrying certificate. After receiving the Spider God's blessing, the Title gets elevated to [Spider Emperor]. The Spider Queen will receive the Title [Spider Empress].

Additional effects: Can command all spiders and Arachnea of a lower level }

My mood immediately turned sullen. She was indeed right. Looks like I have two wives as of now. I turned towards Aristasia:" You were right. Looks like you're indeed my wife."

Although my voice was rather flat, Aristasia looked elated as she began to laugh:" Hehehehe~, I knew it! I knew it! I knew you'd accept me!! Now that you know, shouldn't you start to take responsibility as my husband?!"