Chapter 18 - Exit

We reached 500 reads!!
Thank you all for reading!!

______________________________________

The artificial sun was gently heating up my face.
I was sitting on the grassy hill in the deepest part of the Irua dungeon.

"Toru?"
Ilya was lying on the grass, eyes closed, her head on my lap when she called my name.

I was playing with her soft, ravenblack hair and answered lazily:
"Yeah?"

"Can we stay like this forever?"

Looking over the idyllic place we were now, I really hoped it was possible.
"You know we have to leave in a couple of hours...",
I said, but I wasn't opposed to her idea at all.

Since we came here one month ago, we've been training every single day to hone all our skills as much as possible. After waking up, we took a run through the hills and small paths around the mansion in the middle of the space.
Then, we trained our magic affinity using special items from the same mansion or we would use the water from a little river in the vicinity.
Now that it was almost time to leave, we had taken all items from the mansion and stored them using either space magic or item rings, which were really convenient, especially for Ilya who wasn't really proficient with the magic.

Also, the mansion's library had been plundered by us, and all books were safely stored.

I also learned some new Skills from the time I met with Sinctar.
A skill named [Viper Summon], which let me summon snakes; [Tattoo Summoning], that let me summon the dragontattoo I have on the left side of my face; [God's Pressure] gives me the ability to pressure an opponent in an amazing way; [Limitter] which let me limit my power to a certain extent; and lastly [Demonic Ruler Aura] which intimidates other demons so that it's easier to control them.

"Shall we go, then?", Ilya asked.

I nodded and stood up.
Taking out the two cloaks Sinctar had given to me, we were unrecognisable.
Also, our gear had been upgraded from taking them from the mansion.

Right now, I wore black pants with long, black boots, decorated with silver fastenings; a grey shirt with a V-neck and a black, leather jacket; the 'invisibility' cloak and the [Swords of Wrath], on my back, above the cloak.
Thanks to some magic, the sheaths floated a little in front of the cloak, so they didn't hinder me in the slightest.
I had also hidden some knives in my boots as a last resort.

Ilya also wore black pants, but hers were decorated with golden stitching; long black and gold boots with heels; a loose black blouse, again with golden stitching; a middle-long brown leather jacket and also a cloak.
She wore a curved dagger on each hip, but since she mainly uses magic, it's more for looks than anything else.

We walked into the mansion, went up the large, wide stairs and entered the first room on the left.

It was quite a small room, but probably the most important one; it had no furniture, but only a black magic circle in the middle.
It was the magic circle necessary to exit the dungeon.
The only way out.

We stood in front of each other, in the exact centre of the circle and looked each other in the eye.

"You ready to see the outside world?",
I asked.

Ilya nodded fervently:
"I am"

"Let's go then", I smiled and started to emit mana, Ilya doing the same.

The black magic circle illuminated a white light and the runes on its outlines started to reform themselves.

FLASH!!!

A bright white light blinded me for a split second, and Ilya and me were standing outside the dungeon in a forest.

I inhaled deeply and enjoyed the fresh forest air.
Looking to my side, Ilya was overwhelmend and started to cry, so I hugged her tightly to calm her down.

Her shocking shoulders gradually calmed down and Ilya whispered to me:
"I'm scared.."

"It's alright. I'm here for you. You'll be just fine".

"Nnn~. I trust you".

After a while, Ilya had calmed down enough to let me go, but she kept holding my hand.

Like that, we started to walk around in the forest.
After a couple of minutes, we encountered our first monster.
{ Long-toothed Squirrel:

Rank: F
Stats:
HP: 419/419
MP:106/106
STR: 308
VIT: 286
SPD: 270
MRES: 186

Skills: None  }

I almost wanted to cry.
How can this little thing that didn't even have a 1.000 STR be a monster?
Then, I remembered I used to be unable to beat that thing and calmed down.
Well, I thought, it might be an obstacle for weak adventurers though...

We decided to ignore it and continued to walk east, although I didn't really know why.
When I asked Ilya, she said she didn't know either.

Suddenly, my [Life-force Detection] picked up the signals of seven humans, divided in a group of four and one of three.

Since we were deep inside a forest, the only people who would venture this far were adventurers or bandits.

Seeing Ilya who had also sensed them, I grinned:
"Wanna go ask the way?"

Ilya smiled as well:
"Yeah, we should do that"

We put on the hoods of our cloaks and casually walked towards the group of four people.

"Who's there?!?",
a frightened voice shouted.
We were still quite some distance away, but were noticed by a detection Skill -well, probably Ilya since I'm immune to them-.
Not that it mattered much.

SSHHHH!!!

An arrow flew at my head me, but to me, it didn't even seem to be moving at all so I just grabbed it mid-air.

"Aah..."
The bowman seemed to be rather confused on how someone could catch his arrow.

I accelerated a bit and stood in front of him in less than a second, but since I wanted to ask them some things, I wrapped him up in threads from my [God Web] skill.

His equipment seemed to be all sorts of random equipment put together, and even in his quiver were over five different sorts of arrows.
Although he could be an adventurer since the adventurer's level was sometimes really low, but I guessed he was a bandit because he didn't seemed to be washed in several weeks time and he looked tired, maybe from sleeping outdoors?

My doubts were swiftly washed away when the man started to shout:
"Bos-"

Well, I put some [God Web] in his mouth so he might die, but since there were still other bandits, I didn't really care.

Looking satisfied to the captured man, I saw Ilya had already frozen all other men inside [Ice Coffin]s, a high ranking spell.
Since she used that one, they must've pissed her off.
And that's literally the worst thing you could do.

I walked over:
"Shall we go greet their Boss?"

Ilya nodded enthousiastically and side to side we went to 'greet' the other three members of their pitiful gang.