Chapter 43 - They're just animals, no? (4)

Ugh, I made it. Totally forgot I had to go out yesterday afternoon. Well, I managed to complete the chapter today. Btw, Paris was great!! Want to go again (╥_╥) Unfortunately, finals are coming up... But who cares about those?!? Story first! Story first!...

Sorry for all my complains. Enjoy the chapter!!
______________________________________

Gentle rustling sounds filled the dense forest as a soft wind blew past the many trees. Occasionally, the distant howling and growling of monsters could be heard, as well as faint explosion sounds.

"Elder Shin, where're those monsters?"

"The last scouting team told me that they were spotted another three kilometers* from here, Sir Toru"

"Ah, I already thought I heard some suspicious sounds", I indifferently replied.

Our footsteps broke the near-silence inside the forest. We were currently heading towards the fighting monsters who caused the sudden monster attacks in the village. Although, with the newly-constructed ramparts the city didn't need to fear any more attacks, heading out into the forest to secure products to sell might prove really dangerous because of the in-fight of the monsters. That's why we were going to subdue them.

Normally, many monsters would've already tried to attack us, but just the aura of me, Ilya and Aristasia combined was enough to even scare SS-level monsters away. Well, my aura was already enough though. I let Hiruyis stay behind in the city to manage its affairs.

Aside from Elder Shin, another 3 well-build beastmen accompanied us. I had tried to explain that wasn't necessary, but Elder Shin told me it was to clean up the small-fry that wasn't worthy of my attention. In the end, I allowed them to come as well.

Finally, after another 15 minute walk, we arrived at the spot where the monster fight was going on. Seeing the scene, Elder Shin and the three beastmen held their breath. That was because the three monsters fighting were classified as level SSS. They were not something normal people could go against, even if they amassed a group of several thousands of people.

WAAAMMMMM!!!!!

With a gigantic booming sound, one of the monsters flew out after taking an attack of a horse-like monster. It was a six meter* high horse, completely black with grey manes, tail and eyes. On top of its head was a white pearl imbedded which shone with an eerie glow. Its name was a Hell Mare, with a threat level of SSS.

The monster which had been sent flying by the Hell Horse was rapidly getting up while growling in an astonishingly loud fashion. It was a white tiger with dark-blue stripes, with almost the same height as the Hell Mare. Its eyes emitted a bright-blue light, which was the same colour as the flames coming from its entire body. It was known as the threat level SSS monster Blue Flame Demon.

The third monster was already pouncing towards the Hell Mare who had its back turned towards it. It looked like a mix between a wolf and a deer. It had a body even longer and bigger than the other two monsters which had a white-green colour. Light-green scales covered its legs and back, as well as its 5 meter long tail. Its wolf-head grew a gigantic pair of antlers on top, which almost doubled its height. With every step it took, the grass and moss underneath its feet started to grow at an astonishing pace, while a faint-green mist enveloped its body at all times; SSS-level monster Origin Beast.

Seeing Elder Shin and the three beastmen wanting to run away, I tried to reassure them while smiling.

"Don't worry. These kind of beasts are nothing more than ordinary dogs to us. Let's watch for now. You don't see these kind of fights every day you know"

They didn't really seemed to be reassured, but I diverted my attention back to the fight. If you disregarded the fact they were destroying a beautiful forest, it was really an interesting fight.

The Origin Beast bit its enormous mouth into the back of the Hell Mare while releasing a green rune pattern. Immediately after, a small green tree began to grow on the Hell Horse's back. The Hell Horse released a pained cry while emitting a harsh, cold, black mist which let the small tree wither. The Hell Horse tried to turn around to fight the Origin Beast when suddenly, they both jumped sideways. Less than a second later, a terrifyingly large stream of blue fire swept by, decimating everything it passed. Immediately after, the Blue Flame Demon joined the fray as it clawed towards the Origin Beast. The long claws missed their marks but sent several waves of blue fire towards the Origin Beast. Seeing that it stomped the ground, causing the nearby area to rupture as large, dense trees grew in front of it, protecting the Origin Beast like a shield.

The fire hit the tree wall, resulting in a gigantic explosion which annihilated both the trees and the fire. Meanwhile, the Hell Mare spread its front legs while pointing the pearl on its head towards the centre of the area where the Fire Demon and Origin Beast were now engaging in a close-combat fight.

The surrounding temperature dropped at an astonishing rate, while the entire sky above the forest started to become clouded. The visibility dropped and the Fire Demon and Origin Beast noticed the impeding danger. They hastily started to construct a sturdy barrier while slowly retreating.

I saw all this happen and decided to construct a barrier of my own. I might be able to survive the incoming attack, but Elder Shin and the three beastmen surely wouldn't.

"[Bone Cage]!"

BAM! BAM! BAM!...

Continuous booming sounds filled our ears as thick and sturdy bones shot out of the ground, forming a dome-like cage around our party.

When the dome completely closed, I used my [Divine Eye] to look at the happenings outside, just to see a long, black tongue of lightning shooting down from the sky, hitting the earth in an indomitable fashion, breaking it open as terrifying sounds of anguish resounded when the lightning hit the many beasts in the forest.

Elder Shin and the three beastmen cowered in fear when the black lightning hit my bone-cage, resulting in ear-splitting cracking and booming sounds. Even I twitched my eyebrows when hearing the sound.

Finally, after 2 minutes of intense destruction, the surroundings calmed down. I slowly retracted the bone-cage to see what the destruction was like.

The entire area in a 2 kilometer area was completely erased of all life. The ground was pitch-black burned while numerous large cracks filled it. The Hell Mare stood in the middle of the area, still steady on its legs, and at some distance, I could see both the Blue Fire Demon and the Origin Beast were alright as well.

Slowly, a sinister smile appeared on my face as I made a resolve. I confidently swaggered to the middle of the three beasts and stood there looking at each of them in turns. The extraordinarily strong beasts stood in a daze at the sudden appearance of a new enemy.

"[Taming]"

I slowly mumbled the Skill when a gigantic magic circle enveloping the three beasts appeared beneath my feet. The beasts realized what was going on and started to aggressively growl at me.

"Don't worry", I reassured them with a smile," It'll be over soon"

A few seconds later, the formation disappeared, as well as the ferocious glance in the beasts' eyes.

"Come here"

I waved my hands as I invited the beasts to come over. Obediently, they walked to my sides and stood there, waiting for my next command.

"See?", I said to Elder Shin and the three beastmen," They're just animals, no?"

______________________________________

*3 km = 1.86 miles

*1 m = 3,3 feet