Chapter 26 - Maria (2)

We left for our inn.

Once we entered, tiger girl greeted us with a bow. Maria started to panic because of that and bowed back, which was followed by almost a minute of continuous bowing between tiger girl and Maria.

In the end, I took Maria in my arms and we left for our room while comforting tiger girl she didn't do anything wrong.

We sat down on the bed, with Maria in between us.

"Daddy, Mommy, can I see how you look like now?"

"Of course", I answered and both Ilya and me took off our hoods.

"Wooo~, Mommy you're so beautiful, and Daddy as well"

Maria was in awe of our looks. She stood up on the bed and felt our horns. She was also quite shocked by the tattoo on my face. Only after almost two hours of asking questions fell Maria asleep.

"Ilya...", I said after carefully tucking Maria in.

"What's wrong?"

Ilya leaned against me and took my hand.

"Why did you tell her we are her parents?"

"Can't you see?"

I looked at Ilya who had her eyes closed as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"No, I can't"

"It's because of her eyes"

"Her eyes?"

"When she asked about her parents... she had such a longing look in her eyes"

I looked at Maria who was sleeping soundly.

"I'll... take a look... if you're okay with it"

"Mn~"

"[Divine Eye]", I mumbled.
____________________________________

Name: Maria
Gender: female
Age: 5
Race: Blood Vampire
Class: [Blood Sorceress]
Titles: [Blood Empress]; [Orphan]
Stats:
HP: 193
MP: 2.135.594
STR: 61
VIT: 35
SPD: 20
MRES: 985.612
Skills: [No-Chant]; [All Element Compatibility]; [Godly Mana Restoration]; [Mana Affinity]; [Blood Restoration]; [Blood Magic]
_____________________________________

"How is a child able of having those stats...?"

"What do you mean?"

I showed Maria's Stats to Ilya who was also quite shocked.

Ilya tried to be positive:" At least we know she's an orphan now"

I didn't react but asked a question instead:"Are there several kinds of Vampires? Because it says she's a Blood Vampire..."

"Mn~. There are three types. There are Vampires who don't need to consume blood but only need shadow and darkness of a certain amount to survive. They are called Shadow Vampires. Because they don't have to suck blood, they can easily survive. 

There're also Blood Vampires, the most known ones. They can live without darkness or shadows, although they're a bit weaker in bright light. They need to suck blood every now and then, but because of that, loads of Vampires are shunned. The Blood Vampires are also the strongest and therefore also the most known.

Lastly, there're mixed bloods. Over 90% of Vampires are mixed bloods. They have the qualities of both Shadow and Blood Vampires, but are mostly weaker than the pure bloodlines"

"I didn't realize you were so knowledgeable, hehe, I'm really lucky to have such a smart wife", I laughed while lovingly stroking Ilya's hair.

Ilya smiled and seemed to enjoy the compliment:" As long as you know it..."