"Can I talk to you for a few minutes?" I give him a slight nod, and he starts walking through the crowd. I glance at my mate before I grab her hand and start following her brother.

The three of us are walking for a bit before we get to a house. He opens the door and my mate and I walk in with him following us.

"So you think my sister is your mate?"

I hold in my growl before nodding my head. I don't just think she is my mate, I know she is my mate.

"Elizabeth is only 19, I'm not sure I want her going back to your pack. You guys don't have the best reputation, I don't want my sister getting hurt. She's already been through so much and I don't want her to go through any more." So my mate's name is Elizabeth. Such a beautiful name. Also, she's 2 years younger than me. I then remember what he said about my pack, and I feel my blood start to boil.

I growl at him, and I can feel Kaydon trying to take over my body. My mate puts her hand on my arm, and I instantly calm down. I take a deep breath before answering.

"I can assure you that your sister will be safe with me. I would never hurt my mate, and my pack would never hurt their Luna. I don't appreciate the comment you said about my pack. We are not savages. Also, even though you are my mates brother, I am still your superior, and you will treat me with respect," I say, with a slight glare.

I see him gulp slightly, and I smile inwardly. He clears his throat before nodding.

"My apologies, Alpha Ryder. I didn't mean to disrespect you. I was just thinking of my sisters well being. As you know, Alpha Zack was her mate, but he rejected her. Ever since she was little, the members in his pack have been cruel to her, and I just want to make sure that won't happen at your pack." Any annoyance I was feeling with him vanishes. He's just being a good older brother, and from what he just said, there's a good reason for his protectiveness.

"What did he do to you?" I say as I turn and look at my mate. She's been quiet since we got here, and I'm desperate to hear her voice again.

"Um well not much," she says in a quiet voice.

"That's a lie, and you know it, Liz. Tell him the truth." her brother says. I realize that I still don't know his name.

"Jake," Kaydon says to me.

"What?" I ask him, slightly confused at what he just said.

"The brothers name is Jake."

"How do you know?"

"Annabel, Liz's wolf, told me." Oh, well that makes sense.

I tune back into the conversation and hear Jake telling Elizabeth that she should tell me what's happened. She's looking at the ground like it's the most interesting thing in the world and she's shifting around, so I quickly cut in.

"She doesn't have to tell me right now; she can tell me later." I hear her let out a soft sigh in relief, and I'm instantly glad that I said that.

Jake nods his head before saying that he has to border patrol soon and leaving the room.

I turned to my mate and I notice that she's already staring at me. When I catch her eye, she immediately blushes and looks away. I feel a small grin making its way onto my lips.

"So Elizabeth, tell me about yourself." I smile when she shivers at the sound of my voice.

"Well, I have an older brother, who you already know," she says while biting her lip, "um I'm 19, but you already know that too. Well, there's not that much about me, I'm not very interesting," she says as she looks at the ground.

I lift up her chin and press a gentle kiss to her left cheek. My lips start tingling, and I start caressing her right cheek.

"Ok, I'll ask you some basic questions then. What's your favorite color?"

*

*

*

*

*

*

Elizabeth and I ended up playing 20 questions, and I've learned a lot about her.

Her favorite color is blue, her favorite number is 3, and her favorite day is Monday because everyone else hates it, and more stuff like that.

She is honestly the cutest thing ever.

She is now on my lap with her head resting on my chest as we watch some movie with Channing Tatum. I think I've seen this movie once or twice since Emily loves Channing Tatum, but I have no clue what it's about. I've been watching my mate the entire time.

Elizabeth keeps yawning, but she's trying to fight it. After a while, her eyes are starting to close. I turn off the TV before I stand up with her in my arms.

"Why did you do that? I was watching that movie..." she says with a few yawns.

I chuckle at her cuteness before I walk to the front door and leave Jake's house. I follow our faint scents back to the pack house. From there, I easily locate the cabin my pack is staying in.

As soon as I walk in, many people rush forward to get a better look at their new Luna. Once they see that she is ok and is asleep, they leave and go off to do their own thing.

I walk up to my room and put my mate on my bed. She whimpers in her sleep once she is completely on the bed, but she remains asleep.

I quickly strip down to my boxers before I crawl into my bed with my mate.

I have never felt so complete. I want to go to sleep like this every night.

That's the last thing I think before I close my eyes and go to sleep.

A/N 6/8/2020: I saw some comments about people being mad at some of things that were said in this chapter (and they are correct, people who wear makeup shouldn't be shamed, there was also an inconsistency about Liz's weight) When I rewrite this book I'm going to change it so the characters don't say any sexist, misogynistic things because we don't do that sh*t around here. Just know that if you're reading this book now, this does not reflect how I feel or think about people. Nobody should judge anyone else because of the way that person looks.