Finally the Ice clan; which I would consider to be nothing more than a clan of hardheads with cold hands. They have no happy history with either the Fire or Demon clan as they find us Demons "unclean" or the Fire clan "barbarians"; we just as well find them arrogant and dull. They bask in their traditional ways and formality. Their train their mages to high standards which I will admit is impressive, however they have no intent of surpassing their levels once they have been attained. They train with no weapons and find very little pleasure in learning hand-to hand, they prefer their spell books. So to sum it up; I pretty much hate them. But for the sake of my title, I've been civil.

I raised a hand and the maids entered again, with a dry robe. I slipped out of the tub, water cascading down my body, my hair hugging my head as I slipped the gown on. Back in my room, I found a goblet glass and a flask sitting beside the tray. I poured myself a glassful and walked to my balcony, overlooking the dull red morning sky of the Demon clan. I watched as our warriors trained in the yard, dark magic spells illuminating the sparing matches and the clash of weapons ringing in my ears. I watched as the average clans person went about their day, striding through the town and making small talk with other merchants and such.

I left the balcony as Xlynn stood by the table, my usual garb in hand. "Would you like to dress now Princess?"

Xlynn was an older woman with grounded respect and a quick tongue, which is why I liked her so much. She served my mother, as she was a demon clan noble-born, for most of her young life and when I was born, Xlynn had offered her skills to my younger self. We have been inseparable ever since.

"Yes, have I been sent for?" I asked as Xlynn approached me with a set of black and gold leather armor pieces. I stood in front of the vast mirror as Xlynn layered the pieces over my body; the armor covered most of my cleavage and tightened around my torso.

My shoulders were adorned with heavy padding that traced my spine and upper back. My skirt attached to either side of my hip trialed behind me in a black rush and the shin plates guarded my lower legs. I stepped into my boots and attached my daggers to my waits and my sword across my back.

"The king has requested your presence in the Great Hall. He wishes to inform you of the plans for the Equinox festival tomorrow Princess."

Nodding I left the room, the door shutting behind me. I strode down the long and decorative hallways of the palace until I approached a massive set of doors which opened upon my arrival. I entered the Great Hall where my father Azazel, King of the Demon clan, and my mother, Queen Lilith; sat on their thrones. As I approached them, they both wore matching smirks, a family trait that I gladly inherited. I stopped a few steps away and bowed. "Father, Mother; you sent for me about the festival?"

My father nodded, his fingers stroking his white beard. His long white hair was pulled back and his black crown graced his head. I had inherited his snow white hair and my mother's purple eyes. My mother sat straight in her throne, her dark brown hair was intricately braided on top of her head and her black and gold circlet framing her amethyst eyes. Their matching facial tattoos stood stark against their fair skin, trailing from the crown of the forehead to the corners of the eyes; my father's bold and crisp while my mother's thin and elegant.