Chapter 34

George's POV:

"Mum I don't think I can anymore. I can't stand seeing her like this, so still and unmoving as if she's...." (G)

I turn my head towards mum instead of towards Katherine as a sob chokes it's way out of my throat, and I see that she has tears running down her face. I don't think anything of her tears until I realize that she's smiling and they aren't the tears that I've seen her shed these past few days. These are happy tears. I feel the smallest pressure on my hand that's in Katherine's, and I find myself frozen towards mum.

She nods at me as she cries into her hands with Madame Pomfrey now joining her, dabbing at her eyes with a small white handkerchief. I slowly turn my head and find myself looking into the most beautiful pair of silver eyes I've ever seen, matched to the most beautiful smile I could ever imagine.

"K-Katherine? Are you really awake?" (G)

I watch as she tried to speak but all I hear is a gasping sound before tears fill her eyes and she nods her head a bit as she looks at me. I guide one of my shaking hands up to her face and she leans closer into my hand, before taking a deep breath and slowly closing her eyes.

"NO! Katherine please open your eyes, don't fall asleep again love, please. I missed you too much to lose you again right now." (G)

I watch as she opens her eyes quickly before looking at me again with a look resembling concern. I sigh some as I raise her hand and gently lay a kiss on it, before I feel her squeeze my hand a bit stronger before she opens her mouth and attempts to talk again. She takes a deep breath and we're both rewarded by her efforts when she responds with a faint crackling voice no louder than a whisper.

"ge-orge..... m-missed y-you t-too." (K)

"I bet I missed you more." (G)

"Wh-what ha-happe-happened?" (K)

"Katherine dear, perhaps we'll discuss it later when you're better. We're just happy to have you awake right now." (Mrs. W)

I start to agree with mum until I look at Katherine as she attempts to speak again but resorts to slowly shaking her head in disagreement. I let out a soft sigh, knowing that mum is probably right, but I also know that I can never deny Kitty anything when she looks at me with that much sadness in her eyes.

"You've been....basically asleep I suppose since we got you here. I brought you here after you should up at the Burrow that night. You'd been missing for a few days already. Remember that love?" (G)

I watch as pain flashes across her face as she looks away from me, offering me a nod that she does. I wish that she didn't remember whatever she went through while she was trapped, that would be a kindness to her really. She turns back and looks at me before I can see her pleading with me to continue.

"Love, after you got to the Burrow you told us not to take you to St. Mungo's, but to Hogwarts. Dumbledore said it was alright to bring you here, and we've been here waiting on you to wake up ever since. That was Janurary 13th, today is February 4th." (G)

I watch the shock and panic grow in her eyes as her gasping breath quickens and I climb onto the bed next to her, pulling her closer to me as I hold her. I feel her tense and flinch back from me, but I keep holding her gently to my chest. I run my fingers through her soft curls as I whisper comforting thoughts in her ear, listening to her calm a bit as she slowly wraps her arms around my chest.

"L-love y-you." (K)

"Love you more." (G)

I feel her smile against my chest as I keep running my hand through her hair. I hear Madam Pomfrey walk up to us with another goblet of blood, probably mine, and a potion with a silver looking liquid in it.

"Katherine dear, I need you to take this now." (M.P.)

I help Kitty sit up with her back to my chest, and hold the goblet for her as she drinks and then the potion vial as she drinks. I watch as a few more cuts that has remained on her face and her neck slowly heal and she gets a bit of color back in cheeks. She even manages a full smile as she looks at me and I know mine is three times the normal as I smile back.

Madame Pomfrey and mum leave us alone, after mum gives Kitty a gentle hug saying she was happy that she was awake. I sat next to her on the bed and talked to her about what she had missed, reading her the cards that our friends had sent her, I smile as she smiles and feel my heart fill as she gives a soft laugh at what some of them wrote in the cards. After a while I watch as her eyes start to close again as she leans against my shoulder.

"No Kitty, please." (G)

"wi-will w-wake, pr-prom-promise" (K)

She looks at me as she struggles to say this and again I find myself unable to argue with her. I can only agree with her as I kiss her on the forehead and get in a comfortable position so she can stay on my shoulder. Within seconds after I stop moving she' asleep again, but I have her promise that she'll wake up and if there's one thing about Kitty it's that she never breaks her promises.