Part 26

As I sit on the bed and pout, Matthias steps out of the bathroom with a towel loosely wrapped around his hips. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Grabbing clothes." I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows. "Ok, I wanted to show off my muscles. No big deal!"

I stand up and walk over to him, "No big deal?"

"Y-Yea," his cheeks turn red and he averts his gaze. "No big deal." I wrap my arms around his torso, and press my cheek to his chest. "(N-Name)?"

"Yes?" My hands trace the outlines of his muscular back, and I smile up at him.

"What are you doing...?"

"Oh, nothing," my fingers move up to his shoulders, and I pinch his left shoulder as hard as I can. "Since when did you have a birthmark on your shoulder?!"

"O-Ow!" He jumps away from me and stares down at his shoulder. "Why did you do that?!"

"I don't know," I snicker.

"Well, it's not a birthmark. It's a tattoo."

"Huh? Why would get such a weird tattoo?"

"... Do you remember when my brother got in that accident?"

"Gage?" I remember when Matthias and I rushed to the hospital to find his little brother, Gage, laying in a hospital bed.

"Oh, God," Matthias' voice cracks as he bursts into the hospital room. Eric, the second oldest Køhler son, walks out with a sad look on his face.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"Gage was in an accident," the young Dane whispers. "Matthias asked to be alone with him.

I gently place my hand on his arm, feeling the numerous scars from his many drunken bar fights. "How are you dealing with it?"

"My baby brother is in the hospital, (Name). I'm doing awful," his green eyes fill with tears and he rests his head on my shoulder. My hands brush through his light brown hair, which doesn't spike up as much as his brother's does.

"I'm so sorry, Eric."

We sit there for a second before Matthias opens the door, and waves for me to come inside. I smile gently at Eric before walking in to see Gage laying on the hospital bed, an oxygen mask over his mouth and bandages all over the left side of his body. "He was in a car accident, and he was burned. Bad."

"Oh, my gosh..." I walk over to the teen, and caress his cheek. His eyes weakly open, and a faint smile appears on his lips.

"(Name)...?"

"Hey, Gage. How are you?"

"My arm burns."

"I'm sorry."

"It's ok. I should've gotten more sleep before trying to drive."

"Where were you going?"

"Matthias told me has was depressed... I wanted to comfort him."

"Yea, I remember that."

"Well," he looks at his shoulder. "Gage has a large burn scar on his left shoulder, now. I thought I'd show my support by getting a tattoo in the shape of his scar."

"You're such an angel, Matthias."

"I know," he smiles. "It really did hurt when I fell from heaven."

"That's not how pick up lines work."

"I know you already love me, so there's no need to use pick up lines," he winks, going back to his normal self. I turn around, and stare at my nails while he changes.

"So, is that the reason you made those two move so close to you?"

"Yea. They can just walk here if they want to visit. They're busy with work right now, though. Maybe I'll see if they can come over this weekend..."

"That's a good idea," I clap.

"You can turn around now.

I turn around to see Matthias wearing a pair of long basketball shorts, and a white undershirt. "Cute shirt. What are they called?"

"They're called wife-beaters. Though I'd never beat my wife." He runs over to the bed and jumps on me, burying his face into my stomach.

"You don't even have a wife."

"Yet," he stares at me seriously, and kisses my cheek before rolling off of me. "So, you want the boys to come over?"

"Yes. I haven't seen them in ages."

"You don't love them, do you?"

"Not in that way, no."

"Mmm, good." He rolls back closer to me, this time, pulling me against him.

"What's with you?"

He snuggles his cheek into my hair and whispers, "I just get super jealous, that's all."

"But why? You're always so confident that I won't ever leave you."

"That's what my mind wants you to think," he says quietly, like he's fearing him my answer. "My heart is in constant fear that you'll abandon me for someone else."

"Matthias," I look up at him and cup his cheeks, staring into his crystal blue eyes. "I love you, and will never, ever leave you."

His lips turn upwards in a goofy grin, "Would you be mad if I told you that I'm not worried about you leaving me, and I just wanted to hear you say that?"

"I hate you."

"I know."