Part 1

"Get the box!" Matthias screams in a rage. "Fuck you! Fuck you all!"

"Matthias, blue shell, headed for first place!" I alert him as I send off my power.

"Aye!" His character speeds up to the second place position, easily passing the first place character as it's hit by the fatal shell. "We won!" He laughs as his character crosses the line.

"Great job, Matthias!" I giggle as I high-five him. "Without you, I would never win!"

"It's 'cuz you always use Bowser Jr," he deadpans. "King Boo is where it's at!"

"No way!" I push him off the couch and he grabs ahold of my leg.

"If I'm goin' down, you're comin' with me!" He sharply pulls at my limb, sending me crashing to the floor.

"Eep!" I land on his chest and the air is knocked out of him.

"D-Damn! You're heavy!" He gasps.

"If you didn't pull me down, I wouldn't have landed on you," I pout with my arms crossed.

"Aww, is wittle (Name) mad at me now?" He coos. His hands reach up and tickle my stomach.

"Ahaha, no! Matthias, stop it!" I laugh uncontrollably as his hands move up and down my body, tickling various spots.

"Ok, I'm done," he sighs in contentment as he wraps his arms around my chest. He tightly pulls me to him, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. "You smell so good, (Name). So comfortable."

"I-Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Mhm," he rubs his cheek against mine and smiles. "I'm so happy I have such an amazing best friend."

"Same!"

"I wish I could find a girl like you."

.... But I am a girl like me, idiot!

"Yea, that's too bad," I hide my hurt feelings behind a wave of sympathy for my Danish friend. "What about Veronica?"

"She broke up with me."

"Uh... Jennifer?"

"Only in it for the sex."

"Lindsey...?"

"Hasn't texted me back."

"Laura."

"Never answered my call."

"Damn, Matthias. Why do you flirt with girls who won't give you the time of day?"

"Cuz they're hot!" He laughs.

"Whatever." I push myself away from him and stand up.

"Wait, no! (Name), come back!" He desperately raises his hand to stop me from leaving.

"And why should I?" I cross my arms and glare at him.

"B-Because it's c-cold without you." His teeth chatter as he dramatically wraps his arms around himself.

"Go cuddle with Lukas if you're that desperate for warmth."

"Norge doesn't like to cuddle with me," his puppy dog eyes and pouting lip sent a knife through my heart. "And I don't know why."

"You do get a little touchy-feely when you cuddle with people..." I point out.

"Not with you, though!" He laughs, standing up and pulling me into a hug. "You wanna know the special treatment only my best friend gets?"

Oh my god, yes I do.

"NOOGIE!" He wraps his arm gently around my neck and starts rubbing his knuckle into my skull.

"O-Ow, Matthias!" I struggle out of his grasp and sigh. "You're such a pain in the ass."

"Am I a nice pain in the ass?" He asks in a seductive tone with a raised eyebrow.

"No."