Part 12

Toni looks at me in confusion as I drag him from the house. "What has gotten into you?"

"Nothing," I say, my voice cracking.

"(Name)," he stops and turns me around, staring me dead in the eyes. "What happened?"

"Matthias happened," I couldn't hold the tears back anymore, and I fall into his chest.

He rubs my back, and kisses the top of my head affectionately. "Don't worry about him. Why don't we go out to dinner?"

"That would be nice," I whisper as I look up at him. He smiles and wipes a tear off of my cheek gently.

"Alright. Get in," he holds my hand and brings me to the car, opening the passenger door for me. He closes it after I get in, and he gets in the driver's seat. "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere but here."

"Request granted, mi amor."

We drive off, and he brings me to a small, family-owned restaurant. "Where are we?"

"This restaurant is owned by my friends," he chuckles as he opens the door for me. He leads me in, his hand on the small of my back. "Feliciano, Lovi!"

"Toni!" An Italian looking man, a little shorter than Antonio, runs out and hugs him. "It's been forever since you've stopped by!"

"I was in España for the past few months," Toni smiles down at him. "Glad to see you, Feliciano."

"How many times have I told you not to call me Lovi?!" Another voice joins in as a slightly taller man enters the room. He looks similar to Feliciano, but slightly darker features, and rough, hazel eyes.

Toni walks over to the man, and presses their foreheads together. "You're as cute as ever, my adorable Lovino."

My heart skips a beat, and I look at Feliciano in confusion, twirling my finger towards them. "Are they...?"

"No," he shakes his head. "He is just extremely fond of my brother. Lovino truly missed him, too. Antonio had to go to back to Spain to learn how to perfect his cooking so he can work with us and serve authentic Spanish food!"

"O-Oh," I chuckle.

"Oh, (Name)!" Antonio grasps Lovino's hand and pulls him over to me. "This is my-"

"We don't know each other," Lovino interrupts him.

Toni slaps a hand to his chest and gasps. "Ouch."

Lovino crosses arms and smirks smugly. "Don't call me Lovi for two weeks and I'll forgive you."

"This is my friend, Lovino," Antonio sighs, gesturing to the man beside him.

"Lovino Vargas," he shakes my hand, then brings the backside to his lips.

"(N-Name) (L. Name)," I stutter, a blush crawling into my cheeks. "How long have you and Antonio known each other?"

He taps his chin, a mischievous look in his eyes. "Don't know."

"Three years, six months, and twenty-three days," Toni leans his head Lovino's shoulder with a pout. "Forty-two minutes and fifty-three seconds, if you want to be exact."

The Italian growls and slaps the Spaniard's cheek, forcing him off. "Don't touch me."

"Ok, ok!" Antonio laughs, playfully swipes back at him, then slings his arm around my shoulders. "Anyways, it was nice to visit you, but we should get going."

"But we've only been here for five minutes-"

"Leeaaving now!" He forces us around and waves as we walk out and get in the car.

"Antonio?"

"Yes?"

"Where are we going?"

"I was thinking about going back to that park we went to the other day," he says, turning the corner.

"Sure. That works!"

We get to the park, calmly driving there unlike like last time. Once we park, he jumps out of his seat and runs to open my door. "After you!"

"Thanks," I giggle. I get out of the car and stretch my arms upwards. "What do you want to do?"

"I was thinking about going and pushing you on the swings?" He links his arm in mine and pulls me towards the playground.

"That sounds fun," I nod, my hair swaying as we walk. A piece of it touches his face, and he twitches.

"That scared me," he breathes.

"S-Sorry!" I unlink our arms, and tie my hair back. "That should keep it under control.

"Gracias," he kisses my forehead and we make it to the swings. "Get on."

I sit on the swing, and he gently pushes my back. I laugh as the swing goes higher and higher, then eventually, I jump off. "(Name)!"

I land perfectly on my feet, and strike a pose similar to gymnasts at the Olympics. Toni claps and laughs, running up to me and ruffling my hair. "That was amazing!"

"Thanks," I bow.

"Here, let's go get some churros!" He rolls his r beautifully, and my heart skips a beat.

We walk around, and find a vendor selling churros. "Wait here," Antonio pats my shoulder and I nod.

"Ok," I watch as he runs over to the vendor, and the girl asks how many churros he wants. He holds up two fingers with a bright smile, and she nods. After she gives him the two churros he requested, he winks and hands her a slip of paper. "What is he...?" He walks back to me and hands me the second churro. "What was on that sheet of paper?"

"My number. Why?" He asks, his cheeks full of churro.

"Oh..." My heart breaks a little.

It was an act. He's been faking his feelings for me this whole time.

"You don't have a special girl right now, do you?"

"Not really," he whispers.

"I don't want you to fake for me, anymore."

"What?" He tilts his head.

"What if you're lying to me, and you do have feelings for someone? I feel like I'm forcing you to cheat..."

"Not at all," he chuckles. "I took acting in high school and college. It started out like a role, but now I'm getting extremely protective of you."

"What do you mean?"

"You're like a little sister to me, you know?" He smiles.

My lips tug upwards in a smile, but I'm faking it. "Yea, I understand."

I should've known.

He's just doing it for me. His little sister.