- Chapter 29 -

"What about your sister?"

"She's going shopping with Shikamaru – she won't be back for hours."

"But... Kankuro! Isn't he here?"

"No, he has a show tonight. Apparently somebody in the world still likes puppeteers. Now, quit stalling – we're all alone, okay?"

Gaara was up in his room, looming over Lee, who he had pinned to his bed. Over behind the door lay a pile of their clothes, save for their underwear, which they had managed to keep on in their fervent make out session. It was when Gaara made a move to slip off the other teen's briefs that Lee had second thoughts, thus leading to their current predicament.

"Are you sure? I mean... I don't want you to get in trouble or anything," Lee said awkwardly as the redhead curled a finger around the waistband of his briefs.

"Please – they don't scare me," Gaara replied with a laugh as he snapped the waistband.

"Then why haven't you told any of them about us?"

Gaara remained unfazed by this question, but simply crawled up towards Lee's face, where he greedily licked the teen's neck. "You honestly think Temari and Kankuro don't know what's going on? We don't need to announce it to the world or anything."

"What about your dad?" Lee asked seriously, gently pushing the redhead to the side. "Does he know?"

"I couldn't care less about what he thinks," Gaara said bitterly, his eyes narrowing. "But I'm certainly not going to tell him – he wouldn't listen anyway."

"That's not fair, Gaara. Your dad isn't that bad..."

"What are you talking about? You saw how he was the other day! The guy's a monster!" The moody teen snapped, sitting back on the bed with his arms crossed. "Honestly, I hope he drops dead – do the rest of the world a favor."

Lee sat up as well and scooted over to his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around the teen's shoulders. "You don't really mean that. Even if he's a little... gruff, he's still your father. It's like Gai-sensei always says, 'A father is your leader in the springtime of youth.' You're just focusing too much on the negatives."

Gaara turned his head slightly, gazing into Lee's big, owl eyes. For a moment he retained his bitterness, but it soon melted away. "Gai-sensei says that, right? I guess it must be true, then."

"Exactly!" Lee responded cheerily, only to pause in confusion at the redhead's sudden laughter. "Wait... you're making fun of me, aren't you?"

"Can you blame me? You make it so easy," Gaara said before tipping Lee's chin upward with his finger. He planted a brief kiss on the mop-topped teen's lips before pulling back out with a smile.

"Well, it's mean!" Lee pouted, turning his head away as he blushed. "And don't think you can win me back over just like that, either."

"You're right – how about this?"

With that, Gaara pounced on Lee, pinning his boyfriend onto the bed once more. There, he proceeded to kiss the teen, starting up at Lee's lips before traveling down to his neck. From there, he moved down to Lee's chest, at which point he paused, savoring the taste of the firm muscles.

So this is where all that training pays off...

Satisfied with the chest, Gaara moved on to Lee's abs, which were similarly defined and impressive. Finally, the redhead reached his boyfriend's briefs, which he grabbed with both hands, gingerly pulling them down as he kissed lower and lower.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Gaara froze. His head still, buried in Lee's crotch, he glanced up to find a very enraged man with short, brown hair and a business suit standing in the doorway. A quick look at Lee showed that he, too, was paralyzed, unable to do anything but stare at the unexpected arrival.