“Stop!” Both my father and Cole yell at the same time. “Take me instead.” Victor lets me go and I fall to the floor trying to breath.

“Well look at this. Two people trying to be the hero. You were always weak Cole.” Once my breath is back Victor grabs me by the hair and hurl’s me up.

“Why don’t we let Nikki decided who will take her place? Will it be your father who raised you or Cole your love? You pick Nikki if you don’t, I get to choose.’ I look at the two people who I love the most with tears running down my face. I know who I must choose.

“Pick me.” I whisper and Cole and Dad yell no.

“Sorry I didn’t hear that Nikki. What did you say?” Smug asshole.

“I said pick me. Let them go and take me.” He laughs a drops me to the floor.

“Wrong choice.” Before anyone can move or speak a word, he has forced his hand into my father and ripped out his heart. I don’t know what happened next. There is blood everywhere. I think I scream or do I cry I don’t know but all I can see is my father lying on the floor with a hole is his chest. I feel numb as Victor laughs. He keeps laughing and laughing licking the blood from his fingers. I somehow managed to find the strength to stand up and use what little speed I had and snapped the necks of the two rouges who held my father down. I pick up his sword which was lying on the floor and run at Victor.

Aiming straight for his heart.

He didn’t even see it coming that’s how fast I was and only stopped laughing when he saw the sword in his chest. He fell to the floor as all hell broke loose in our space. People were running everywhere and anywhere at the same time. I stood there just standing as people surrounded me. Asking if I was alright. I am not all right I wanted to yell at them all but I said nothing. I looked over to where Victor was with a sword through his chest and my father’s heart in his hand. I then looked over to my father who was being covered up by guards. I was surrounded by blood and death but nothing seemed to be sinking in until one voice called my name.

“Nikki?” I looked to Cole who was one of the many people surrounding me asking if I was ok. That is when I lost it, and I mean truly lost it. I screamed out in agony and fell to the floor vomiting what little food I had. I was screaming, I was crying, I was laughing. I felt so many emotions at once it was too consuming. My head was throbbing, my heart was slowing down, my breathing became barley a whisper as I felt myself sinking into a dark whole, I knew I was never coming out of.

“Nikki look at me. Focus ok, focus on me.” I looked him in the eyes which were slowly becoming blue again. “Focus on my voice, my eyes, my smell, my touch Nikki. Focus on the way I make you feel.” His forehead was to mine and his hands was over my beating heart. Why was it still beating?

“Focus on my love Nikki, and how much I love you.” I closed my eyes and focused entirely on Cole. I knew he was bottling up my bloodlust at the moment but that was alright.

“Nikki you are weak and need blood fast. We are going to take you out of here ok. Don’t focus on anything else but me ok, only focus on me.” He has helped me up but I fall again.

“Princess.” My body starts to shake when someone calls me that.

“Nikki, me. Remember, focus on me.” Cole picks me up. I would wrap my arms around him but I feel too weak. I want to sleep. I keep my eyes locked onto his as we make our way around the complex. I know people are asking question but my focus is on Cole’s breathing and how his heart is beating. He gently places me in a car and slides in next to me.

“Where are we taking you two?” The driver ask.

“Home.” I say. The car starts moving and Cole has me resting on his lap. When we pull up to the house everyone is frantic running around all over the place. Cole picks me up again and reminds me to focus on him. I hear people calling my name and Cole shouting orders. I find this funny and start to laugh but soon that laughter has turned into tears.

“It’s ok Nikki. You are doing great ok.” Cole whispers as he makes his way to my room. When we enter everyone is in my room. My mother, Travis, Tabitha, Violeta, Alex, Drake, Nora and a few other maids. Cole places me on my bed and moves away.

“No don’t leave. Please don’t leave me.” I whisper. Cole is the only one keeping me sane. My mother pulls my covers up looking worried at me. They all should be sad, crying unless. They don’t know. I couldn’t help myself and I let in every emotion that I had locked away out.

“No, no, no this is not happening. No.” I screamed. I was sobbing and struggling to breathe. Someone jumped on my bed and was holding me down.

“Nikki, hey. It’s going to be fine ok. Everything will be fine. But we need to get you better first ok. You need blood, I know you are in no state but you need blood. I don’t want to lose you again.” Cole’s has his hands on my face and I nod. He bites his wrist again and puts it to my face.

“No I can’t not again. I will lose it.” I sob. I am on the verge of going insane. I can feel it.

“Nikki just a little, while they get you blood bags. You need to heal please.” He pleads with his voice and eyes as I take his wrist again. His blood still taste like sugar and honey and I gorge myself in it.

“Nikki that’s enough.” Someone says but that just spurs me on. I sink my teeth deeper in his vein and I hear shouting, then his blood is gone and I am left with my mouth open and blood dripping everywhere. It takes me a few seconds to compose my feral state and I start to cry.

“I am sorry, I am so sorry.” I feel someone stab something into my arm and I look to see it is blood entering my body. Cole is at the other end of the room holding onto his wrist.

“It’s ok Nikki.” He removes his other hand and I see a flawless skin.

“It’s not ok, nothing is ok. Everything is wrong.” my cries get louder and my mother is soothing me. Cole comes over and wraps me in his arms. No one complains and I am glad. Once I am settled down everyone sit on the edge of my bed.

“Nikki. Where’s your father?” My mother ask and I start to sob all over again.

“Mrs Stark.” I guard says before he enters the room. Every single member of my family looks at him and when they see his sad face it is like they know.

“I am sorry to inform you that your husband did not make it. I am sorry to say that the king is dead.” Everyone is shocked for a moment and the only noise is my anguish cries and screaming.

“No, no, he was meant to come back. He is not gone. Nikki?” My mother looks at me and I shake my head.

“He- is- gone- he- he-“ I never got to finish before everything went black.

****

Sooooooo ...........

This is not the ending not just yet only two chapter left. I am so excited and sad to see this book coming to an end.

Good news is that there will be a sequel to Royal claims. I have started but not sure when It will posted as I have school and what not.

Also if anyone wants to ask me question or what not don't be afraid to send me or post me a message I don't bite. Much.

remember to vote, comment and most of all share